cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2nd Trip and Major Issues

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
1. Awning extended fine. Bad weather later today so I want to retract. Hit the button, nothing, motor does not fire up. Did not over extend.

2. Water worked great at hookup. Now, all water works except kitchen, it dribbles. Took head off, no blockage.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
24 REPLIES 24

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you made it home.
As far as the awning and other things that can go wrong, go around and make a list of model numbers of everything installed in your camper, especially things with motors.
Then get on the net and download the manufacturerโ€™s manuals. Iโ€™ve got a thick notebook of all the original stuff and all the stuff Iโ€™ve added.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Final Word from the OP

Some of you questioned my major issues. Wife can't use kithcen sink = MAJOR ISSUE. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Can't drive down the highway with awning out = MAJOR ISSUE: :S

Wife survived! Camper goes to see the doctor this Saturday. After two trips, I have a list of six things I want addressed.

What I have learned, the documentation that comes with campers isn't very good. For instance, with the awning, I have a brochure from the company that made it but no documentation on how to work it manually. I will give a shout out to Jimmy at Camping World in Asheville, NC. It was my discussions with him that I learned enough to get it working again. He also returned a call after a voice mail I left him. I did not buy from them but they were the closest Camping World to me.

I have been camping all my life as far back as I can remember. I am one of 7 kids and that was an affordable vacation for my parents. My parents had one tent and the kids would sleep in another, all 7 on cots. After all the kids moved out the parents went to a popup which I inherited when they decided they were too old to do that anymore. Had major ceiling floods towards the end and sink sprayed under the cabinets every time it was turned on. Redid all the plumbing and had to put new wood in cabinet area due to water damage. First time we used stove there were numerous little flames where there shouldn't have been any. Paid some to replace the gas lines and stove. Sold it at a time when the roof really needed to be replaced and din't want to deal with it. When back to a tent and decided to move up again to a TT. So I don't consider myself a newbie. New to TTs, yes. The only real major issue was the awning. If I had adequate instructions I could have dealt with it. So while it is seeing the doctor I will ask how to MANUALLY work the thing.

Anyway, all is good and we had a great trip and plan on having many more.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
2. Water worked great at hookup. Now, all water works except kitchen, it dribbles. Took head off, no blockage.

Are you still hooked up to city water or not? If not hooked up does the water tank have water in it and did you turn the water pump on?

Just asking because you didn't give much info even in your response posts for me to figure out your water problem..

As far as the awning, no idea because I have a 16 year old TT and it has a manual awning so no clue on those electric ones.. Sorry..

Mitch

Big hint, the shower works.

Terry78
Explorer
Explorer
this is why I hate new trailers. I used to work at a trailer sales lot
and did the check ins when they arrived from the factory. I cannot begin
to tell of the horrors Iv'e seen come to the lot. Roof peeling, slides that
almost fall out, T.Vs smashed by the slide, Walls full of water. The trailers built nowadays are very pretty to look at. But getting all the bugs out can take some time. They build between 5 and 9 units a day of the same model.
Really NOT trying to insult people who own new R.V.s I say congratulations
on your purchase. May it serve you for many enjoyable years.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Water. It's only at the kitchen faucet and with both hot and cold water dribbling, the obstruction is probably in the faucet assembly itself, possibly a piece of construction debris, (shavings from cutting the pipe etc) that have found there way through the plumbing till an opening smaller than the debris. Its a 2019 unit and only used twice, so let the dealer under warranty fix it.

Awning. I agree with others, look for a 12v fuse, or possibly a loose or broken wire. Should be warranty if nothing simple.

It depends how comfortable you are working on your RV or taking the time and drive to the dealer for the fix. Some things have to be balanced out, we had a roof vent crack and fall apart 6 months after getting the MH, probably would have been warranty but $40 gas and probably 1/2 day for repairs, I walked to my local hardware store, bought the cap ($10) and installed it all in less than an hour.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am on city water. I figure there is a blockage somewhere.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

Are you still hooked up to city water or not? If not hooked up does the water tank have water in it and did you turn the water pump on?

Just asking because you didn't give much info even in your response posts for me to figure out your water problem..

As far as the awning, no idea because I have a 16 year old TT and it has a manual awning so no clue on those electric ones.. Sorry..

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I think you will change your definition of major issues before long.

Too funny! :W. Especially if the OP is a newbie he'll soon learn the true meaning of "major issue", neither of which these are. :R. A cracked frame or leaking roof, now those are major issues! :E
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

KM_Rolling
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚
Kevin & Mary
2018 Ford F150 3.5 EB HDPP 8' Bed - For Sale
2020 Ford F350 6.7 PSD 4X4 DRW CC LB
2019 Coachmen 271BL Toy Hauler

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
For reasons I don't yet understand, right after arriving at a site the pump makes a lot of noise and faucets dribble.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
Check the faucet cartridge. Probably some trash got into it.
I would doubt that both hot and cold lines clogged up at the same time, though that would be next if nothing wrong with faucet.
I agree. The cartridge(s) are clogged. For the plumbing challenged, those are what control the mixture of hot and cold and the volume of water. They located in the body of the faucet if it is a single handle or part of the handles if it is a two handle faucet.
Several possible ways to repair. You can take it all apart and replace the cartridge(s). You can just replace the entire faucet. Finally, you can try disconnecting the water lines, opening up the valves and blowing out the trash using compressed air blown in from the spout (reverse direction of water flow). This would be the least reliable way, but also the easiest.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
pbeverly wrote:

No blockage means to me that you have full water and pressure through the line. The issue is with the head obviously. I will second comments made regarding the screen but since you said you didn't have one of these I would suggest that you look at the head where it connects to the water line. There has to be some kind of filter/screen in there somewhere. If not, you probably need a new faucet. If this is a new trailer, take it back and have them take a look.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a new rig? There may be all sorts of debris in the plumbing system.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP