cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Satellite 129

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Any one else having trouble acquiring satellite 129?
I have a Winegard Pathway X1.
I was unable to see satellite 129 while at the Indio, CA fair grounds and only get a signal strength of 7 on 129 at Quartzsite.
And NO, there was/is nothing blocking the dish's view.

Thanks
Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson
8 REPLIES 8

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. The X1 is powered through the coax and is working and the signal strength is good on satellites 110 & 119, so I would think the coax and connections are good. No obstructions are present. I'll see what Winegard has to say.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a bad LNB on the unit.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
I would gueas bad coax. At least its worth a try on the cheap. Could also be a bad connector. Heck, a bad power cable could be causing the OPs issues.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
rk911 wrote:
how. are you pointing the dish? suggest youbtry the 'Dish For My RV' app. it uses the phone's. camera to show you where the sats are.

The Pathway is an autoseek dome. You donโ€™t point it. You set it on the ground and click a box on your menu..

I have intermittent issues getting a signal. Maybe try a better cable or clean your connections.

doesn't an autoseek dome require one side to be pointed in a specific direction before activating? maybe the dome is not set correctly? seems to me if it were a bad cable there'd be a problem with all of the dish birds.

They suggest pointing the cable connections north but it doesnโ€™t seem to make a difference.

Iโ€™m assuming the sats have differing signal strengths so one could be below threshold due to atmospheric differences.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
rk911 wrote:
how. are you pointing the dish? suggest youbtry the 'Dish For My RV' app. it uses the phone's. camera to show you where the sats are.

The Pathway is an autoseek dome. You donโ€™t point it. You set it on the ground and click a box on your menu..

I have intermittent issues getting a signal. Maybe try a better cable or clean your connections.

doesn't an autoseek dome require one side to be pointed in a specific direction before activating? maybe the dome is not set correctly? seems to me if it were a bad cable there'd be a problem with all of the dish birds.

Not necessary with a Winegard dome.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
rk911 wrote:

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle