cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hilton Head Marina and RV resort

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at Hilton Head marina and RV? we have a reservation for the first week of June. We were told they do not reserve sites, this makes me leary as i hate trying to squeeze 39feet of rv into 23 feet of site. Are all teh sites large like we have been told? is it a nice place, we were looking to do a day trip to Savannah and charleston, also are there any decent beaches nearby that are easily accessible?
this is our first trip down from Ma to SC so any tips would be much appreciated.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside
9 REPLIES 9

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
We will have out motorcycle for sightseeing, this should make parking easier.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great place. Haven't been since the rebuild from hurricane a few years back, but sure they did it top notch. Pictures look like they did.

If you are going during busy season, be prepared for parking your dually. It can get tough. Alot of the beach parking areas not designed for a dually, or really a car bigger than a Prius. If you go out to Harbour Town, they were going to charge us extra because of the dually tires, don't know if that has changed or not.

Check out Shelter Cove, great place to see some nice boats, shopping and dining.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info, i didn't really think the sites were 23' long, but did get the fact that i wont get a site assigned until i get there.

We dont golf, we do have a motorcycle and toyhauler so i am always trying to find a site long enough that will allow me to drop the back door for loading. We wont have any kids with us so it will be a nice change to have some quiet...except my wife will have to deal with me now..lol

I know my wife has her mind set on seeing Savannah and charleston while there so it will be a trip i do

thanks again, glad to hear all good things about the campground.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Reason is the sites are privately owned and management can't play favorites. You pick your own site because you most likely don't know who owns it and don't care. The place is very nice and all sites will accommodate your rig. If you are a golfer you will be in heaven. Traffic can be an issue so be prepared but getting around the island is basically one main road, patience is in order though. Folly beach is probably the closest with a public parking lot. Its nice as beaches go. Do not leave anything of value in sight inside your vehicle when you park. Been some thefts in the past.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Love it there. Stayed three times. Hereโ€™s some random thoughts. Been to hhi 10 times? Wife has family in bluffton. Everything you need is off of 278 that goes around island. Signs are very small. Best to use gps to figure out. The plantations are all either restricted or a fee to drive through. Sea pines is the only one we regularly visit. Coligny plaza is the most fun. Folley field beach is favorite beach. When you go to savannah park for free at the convention center and take water taxi to river street. Old town bluffton is getting really nice. Charleston is pretty far for a day trip. Otherwise have a great time!

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there about 3 years ago...really nice place. As was mentioned...they take you around the CG to see the available sites...you pick the site. Many sites have owners that have done some nice landscaping. A few sites on the water...more costly and not always available. Not a real bad site in the CG. We had a water site with deck over the water and a fire pit...made for great evenings around the campfire sipping a nice cold beverage. We really liked this place and will go back.

One odd but comical thing on our last evening there. A family from, as he introduced himself, French Quebec, CN is at the site next to us without a deck or fire pit...and he wants our site. He comes by and asked if he could help us break camp that evening. I think he wanted us to leave early on the next morning so he could move his rig in. I do my initial breakdown the night before on the non essentials. I thanked him and no thanks. He wants to know what time we are leaving the next morning, always with a "courteous smile" painted on his face. I ended the discussion. Next morning we are having coffee on the deck, slowly getting things organized and our anxious neighbor pretty much stood at the ready in front of our site!! At that point, me and my wive went into slow motion for the next two hours or so. No kidding, he stuck with us! As we started to move out into the driveway, he is in his rig 20 of so feet away almost clipping the rear of my trailer moving to my now vacant site. We still get a kick recalling the anxiety we put this guy through!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Hilton Head Marina and RV resort is a fantastic place. They have plenty of sites to accomodate a 39' rig. They will put you in a golf cart and you can cruise around a pick the site you like from the list of available sites.
There are plenty of beaches within 15-30 minutes.
Savannah is about 45 minutes. Lots of Bike trails and things to do on the island
Hilton head has been called the San Diego of the east coast.
It's a bit upscale an more adult friendly vs.being kid friendly. Lots of golfing and tennis, restaurants and shopping.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œi hate trying to squeeze 39feet of rv into 23 feet of siteโ€

Might be fun...a challenge!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd be very surprised if there were any "22 foot sites" there. Especially considering they tout having 50 amp service at every site.

I doubt there's any short rigs that need 50 amp service.