cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

storing my fifth wheel for a while

shug23
Explorer
Explorer
going to store my 5th wheel outside in central Florida for the next 4-5 months....I don't think I need to winterize it; all tanks will be sani-flushed and drained....My main concern is the batteries...I am thinking I simply need to disconnect the wire that is attached to the negative terminal, and that is it.....(I think my 5th wheel has a battery shut-off switch but I think I can simply leave that untouched..)โ€ฆ..I expect to back in late May or early June to pick the 5th wheel up and am assuming the batteries will be fine and (mostly) fully charged.....If somehow, they get drained, when I attach the 5th wheel to my truck, will I be able to operate the hydraulic jacks via my truck battery (automatically) ?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
7 REPLIES 7

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
I believe your jack will work when you hook power cord to your TV.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with wandering and have a 30 watt solar battery maintainer whenever the TT is covered and in storage. Works great. Controller was from WindyNation and cost 20 bucks. Panel was about thirty.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
You could add a small solar battery maintainer if battery discharge concerns you. Simple small ones are less than $50.00.

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
cover tires,empty tanks ,frig doors open ,have a safe trip.

X2
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
This depends on how old your batteries ARE.....and how fully charged they are going in.

No need to remove wires from the house batteries; that is what the "storage" switch is for.

Do you have a generator ? If so, you should be able to run that for an initial pre-storage charge......and run it again when you get back to charge them up again.

A battery "tender" is best but most storage sites don't include electricity.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
cover tires,empty tanks ,frig doors open ,have a safe trip.