Explorer
Explorer
I don’t know why, just staying in the game I guess
The Polar Express, mildly speaking
25 REPLIES 25

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy Doug! Ok guys, your generous replies all these years are unheard of, you hear that?! I can only give a heart-felt thank you to everyone. You've given me a great ride for a long time now, cheers to the TC life.

SheepCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Whazoo

The adventures you and the furry kids have are enjoyable to view from a warm seat. I'm working hard to follow in your tire tracks more as fires permits.

Great report on some beautiful country.

Travel On!!!

Sheepcamp
01 F350 CC SRW 7.3 Diesel
05 Lance 845
96 Jeep Cherokee, Beaches of Baja
79 Jeep CJ7, Moab Rocks

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm a little late to the dance, but I gotta say -- Whazoo, your photo skills keep getting better and better. Excellent compositions! Thanks for taking the time to put this TR together. The rest of us can only dream of going into the far back country during the deepest part of winter. Well done!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I woke up to find an inch of snow had fallen in the night but somehow it wasn't near as pretty here as what you saw. It's hard to beat the vistas created by snow in the desert. And that was some pretty desert!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Mr_Bojangles
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Whazoo! Very entertaining!

I’m 80 years old and been blessed to have experienced some of what your Trip Reports convey to me.

I’ve pulled small trailers (16 ft class) across this great county for 75K miles alone. My wife of 59 years did not enjoy uncertainty of travel. In retirement I pulled thru 2005 to 2016, into Yosemite, along Rt 1 up California coast, across Oregon, into Canada., Key West, Maine and the rest of USA over 20 trips.
Some emotions one feels:
Able to change direction at a whim…..
Apprehension of parking in remote areas…..
The danger of the weather, waking up with trailer rocking violently in Tornado country……, dressing hurriedly and driving further West in the dark looking for (to avoid!), but not able to see a Tornado in dark.

Entering Yosemite at southern gate and seeing a sign saying “36 inches of snow expected tomorrow ”Need chains to enter Park” , it now being 7 PM, but entering anyway.

Those emotions one experiences are as great as the scenery.
To travel alone today for me…, “very interesting, BUT stupid!” To quote somebody named ”Arty from LAUGH IN”.
Thanks again Whazoooo.
SAFBVET.....

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Dave, what a pleasant surprise to wake up to on a blizzard filled morn. So happy to take another fantabulous trip out into the Idaho hinterlands. So many thanks for taking us along.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
Wahzoo,

Still stepping high over those cold rock I see. Photo dump away, my friend! I never grow tired of your absolutely stunning photos.

Thanks again for dragging me along.

All the best,

Bill
1978 27' Southwind MH - Gone
1982 19' Terry Taurus TT - Gone
1990 24' Prowler TT - Gone
TC - Still in the Hunt

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
I work the highways out there in the Owyhees. The next time a plow cruises by be sure to wave! It is so stark and beautiful! What a place to spend my days as I inch closer to retirement. You have a wonderful eye for pics and the trip reports capture the essence and feeling I get when I am out there. It would be easy to spend years exploring all the nooks and crannies There are times when you wonder whether any one else has ever seen what you are looking at.

Thanks for the 20 minute tour through some awesome scenery. Can't wait for the next installment!
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Cool trip, Whaz. You make even the starkest, coldest environment look inviting. How'd he do that? Oh....Photo Shop with a lot of talent and application.
regards, as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
I am always amazed too see where you end up, thanks for the trip. You're second set of twins look like they enjoy the trips as much as we do. Thank you again.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing! Beautiful! Thank you!

Whazoo remains the king of trip reports 🙂
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello ol Friends. Boy it's a set of happy eyes to see some of you still here with those great replies. Thank you thank you! Hey I can take no credit for pictures, there is no photography involved hah. I just have a better camera and discovered the kit lens is better than the one I bought to use, who knew? Now I have a lens to sell.
And you're right Cal, I need a sled though I don't think lil Bailey would be much help pulling my butt out of the snow. I could use one on the hills though.

See ya Guys!!

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Dave, I didn't think it was possible, but your photography just keeps getting better and better. Fan-fword-tastic!

Definitely different county than the mountains, and canyons of Az and Ut, but just as amazing to travel.

One question: where's the sled??? So the dogs can pull you home in case of a real snow storm (which was a real possibility).
Cal

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Winter camping is fun. Hope alls well.