cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photoshop alternatives

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I came across this article listing 27 FREE alternatives for Photoshop.
Some are familiar, others I never heard of. There must be a good one for you somewhere in there.

Photoshop alternatives
8 REPLIES 8

tiantang
Explorer
Explorer
Gimp for photo manipulation and Krita for digital painting.

GIMP is free and very good. GIMP can be a bit cumbersome, but it's free. You're simply not going to get the equivalent of something priced like photoshop for free. But, once you get the hang of it, it's quite functional and while I'm a novice, I'm quite proud of some of the stuff I've been able to output.

Krita have Lots of YouTube tutorials. Super easy to learn. I can't recommend it enough.

I have a XP-Pen Deco Pro ( https://www.xp-pen.com/product/432.html ) drawing tablet which is fully supported by Krita and GIMP , it works well ,speed my work .

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Faststone Image viewer does most things and it is free.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
BTW, the above skipped both Luminar and Pixelmator, which are Photoshop alternatives.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Paint comes with Windows. I use that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I've used gimp and paint.net. I ended up more comfortable with paint.net so I stuck with it. I use it most every day for something or other.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
GIMP has been my favorite PS alternative for years on both Windows and Linux. I don't think the learning curve is any worse than learning PS.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Do note that there are not 27 alternatives to Photoshop, but 27 alternatives to various parts of the entire Adobe CC universe. Only three or four PS alternatives are listed.