cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to go in mid April 2019

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are from southern CA. We are looking for advises on places to go in mid April (kid's spring break). Any suggestions? We prefer places that are within 10 hours or less away from Los Angeles.

thanks
27 REPLIES 27

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cody, bring bikes to Zion, if you can -- the ride up the canyon (and the glide back down) is world-class!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
CodyClassB wrote:
Thank you all for your valuable input. We decided to go to Zion. We will keep in mind other places suggested for future trips.

Suggest you make all your RV resverations as soon as possible!

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all for your valuable input. We decided to go to Zion. We will keep in mind other places suggested for future trips.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cody, we're hoping to hear more about what kinds of things you like to do -- mountain bike? Hike? Snowshoeing? Do you like to boondock?
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
hotjag1 wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
CodyClassB wrote:
We are from southern CA. We are looking for advises on places to go in mid April (kid's spring break). Any suggestions? We prefer places that are within 10 hours or less away from Los Angeles.

thanks

Skaget valley tulip festival will be in full bloom.

Maybe I'm confused, but the OP is looking for somewhere that is within a 10 hour drive from LA, correct?

So why would you suggest Skaget valley in WA state? That's about a 24 hour drive.

It's actually about 18 from LA.
And it's worth the drive.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
CodyClassB wrote:
We are from southern CA. We are looking for advice on places to go in mid April (kids spring break). Any suggestions? We prefer places that are within 10 hours or less away from Los Angeles.

thanks

As the OP has not complained I would guess he's fine with all the Suggestions. . ๐Ÿ™‚

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom/Barb wrote:
CodyClassB wrote:

thanks

Skaget valley tulip festival will be in full bloom.

Maybe I'm confused, but the OP is looking for somewhere that is within a 10 hour drive from LA, correct?

So why would you suggest Skaget valley in WA state? That's about a 24 hour drive.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
april is too hot for the low desert. I would head up US 395 and explore the side roads.
Zion is at 3,000 ft. above sea level, Bryce is at 8,000-9,000 ft., and Cedar Breaks is at 10,000 ft. So not exactly "low desert".

But there could be snow at that time of year. In fact, we drove through a near white-out at Cedar Breaks on Memorial Day weekend.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
I understood a 10 hour drive, not how long the vacation will be.
He said "spring break." In Colorado at least, that means a week plus a weekend, ie., 9 days. But maybe it is different in California?

And, if the kids have a spring break, they are school-age, which I assumed meant they were old enough to enjoy and remember a visit to a national park.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
CodyClassB wrote:

thanks

Cody before we recommend anything it would help to know more about your interests and the age of the children.
Do you all like to hike or visit tourist destinations?
History buffs?

There's so much to see and do within 10 hours of your location it will help to narrow it down by your interests.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
april is too hot for the low desert. I would head up US 395 and explore the side roads.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is Zion a 10 hr drive from LA? Looking at google maps I see that it is about 7 hours so I was wrong. Won't be the last time....heh
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
People notice he specified 10 hour max from SoCal not a couple days

I understood a 10 hour drive, not how long the vacation will be.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.