cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum dead

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Am I the only poster that has noticed the forum is dying.This is peak Mexico Rv time and it has been 2 days with zero posts . Actually rv.net on the whole is suffering. It seems a lot of regulars have migrated to IRV2.
But the Mexico forum is just reflecting the lack of interest in Mexico rv travel.
Moisheh
37 REPLIES 37

Talleyho69
I think this top has been covered.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
wolfe10 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

I do have to admit I could not care less about Mexico but know a few here do.

Isn't that a bit sarcastic? Sure, I could pass this by, but this has always been one of the problems. Lack of respect for the foreigners who have/had participated in the forum.

We had some good Mexican rvers who gave excellent advice regarding travel and culture, how to act and how to do things. They all left.

Imagine if I were to say the same about your country?

(And then again, maybe some think I am a troublemaker as well). ๐Ÿ˜‰
No, I am not being sarcastic by saying that. I have no interest in camping in Mexico at all. Don't try to read something into it that isn't there. This is exactly what is killing this forum.

Not sure I understand.

If you have no interest in something, why post at all.

The same as if you have a Class C and to make a post on the Class A forum that you have no interest in a Class A???

That does not add to the "information base".
Wolfe, In the OP it was stated it was dying from a lack of intrest in Mexico. I was agreeing with post. Am I not allowed to do that?
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

Isn't that a bit sarcastic? Sure, I could pass this by, but this has always been one of the problems. Lack of respect for the foreigners who have/had participated in the forum.

We had some good Mexican rvers who gave excellent advice regarding travel and culture, how to act and how to do things. They all left.

No, I am not being sarcastic by saying that. I have no interest in camping in Mexico at all. Don't try to read something into it that isn't there. This is exactly what is killing this forum.

Not sure I understand.

If you have no interest in something, why post at all.

The same as if you have a Class C and to make a post on the Class A forum that you have no interest in a Class A???

That does not add to the "information base".
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
qtla9111 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
I admit to be a lurker on this site. We had 4 great winters RVing in Mexico when the RV parks were full of US and Canadian RVs, I remember parks like Playa Amor and Villas Onac being full. I even met a member of our Canadian parliament who was crossing at Nogales one winter and we met the Churches in Huatabambimpo! After the violence of 2010 where a fellow Canadian was shot at an RV park in Maz, the blockades and the travel warnings and subsequent travel medical insurance limitations we've stayed in the US over the winters, and I expect many RVers have done the same. It will be difficult for us to return as I haul with an HD pick up that seems now is not allowed there. Just my reasoning as to why the Forum is quiet!

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak wrote:

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back when I joined in 2004 it was normal to see 16 or more pages in the active list or just in motorhomes. Now You may see 6 active pages.
few members are left and there are to many sarcastic replies to make new folks want to stay.
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
We missed out on our last chance to enjoy the place we had been used to driving 1200 miles into Mexico for, you might know the area, of Tenacatita, on your way to Manzanill0, if you go all the way on 200, to get to Zihaut (I would surmise that many would avoid the northern stretch to Lazaro Cardenas, one of the most scenic roads to be found anywhere - due to security reasons.) But Tenacatita was evacuated, the beach cleared by force, by Jalisco State poilce with riot gear and automatic rifles on August 4th, 2010.houses and almost all the palapa restaurants were bulldozed and armed guards thereafter held the beach for next 4 years. It ended for us, our visits to park near the coral beach and its warm water that teemed with life, was over. 800 people were said to make a living there but the wire fences kept everyone except the guards, out.

Talleyho69
Come back! We miss you!

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe RVing is not quite as popular. The world is changing, I mean our world, which includes many older people. We used to camp up in Senators Wash, just north of Yuma. Talking to the folks in charge one day in 2010, we were told that, at one time years before, the area had 4,000 RVs there. What we saw back then and the next year, our last there, was more like 200 or 300 in the area. We've missed Mexico, haven't been for 5 years now. The memories keep it alive for us, and meeting up with those we know from there, none who now go back, but many still get out of Canada and meet up at various places in southern California and Arizona. Three years ago 20 of us, from as far away as Ontario,had Christmas together, as we used to do on the beach, but with some amenities such as a large meeting room to enjoy. Only a hand full had returned to Mexico in recent years, none lately. We had done 7 years to one spot on a beach, but lots of things to do and see, on the travels there and return. The nicest thing about it all were the people we met including the wonderful Mexican folks. And the perfect weather.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Although I started this thread in the Mexico forum many of the comments are for the forum in General. For technical info IRV2 is far superior. They do not allow name calling and posters are civil. I agree with many that Facebook is not the answer. It won't be long before the entire rv.net forums will all be dead
A real shame. Btw since I started this thread 3 days ago there has be no other posts in the Mexico forum.

Moisheh

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
There are more people camping than ever. And many Internet forums (RV and otherwise) are alive and well. I personally really hate Facebook groups. It's a clunky platform for these sorts of discussions.

Here's my view. Some years back when this forum was really busy, there were a lot of people that just caused a lot of issues. Name calling and backbiting were common. Even the least controversial of subjects frequently went off the rails. Lots of good people got discouraged and left, myself included. Then the moderators tried to clean it up. Then some moderators got heavy handed. More people stopped posting. This is what is left. We seem to have a good bunch of hard working moderators now, and very civil useful threads, but few people left to participate.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one is mentioning the elephant who seems to have stepped out of the room for a moment. Mexicowanderer has stopped posting. That slows things down a lot. I do not always agree with him or even understand some of the things he says, but he has been a key player in this particular forum. His comments are thought provoking, and often simply provocative. (Not quite the same thing, but you know what I mean.)

I sure hope he's ok.

In response to the comment about lurkers, I plead guilty. The problem is that although I am interested in travel to Mexico, it has been more than ten years since DW put her foot down and said we are not going there again. So my info is out of date, and so I rarely chime in.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
briansue wrote:
I haven't posted on this forum for a long time and not sure I should now. I do not want to argue. This used to be a very good forum with lots of useful advice. Now it has deteriorated to a small handful of people posting things that have nothing to do with RVing and often nothing to do with Mexico or SA. Last year I was trying to help with the questions about pickup trucks that were not being allowed into Mexico. Lots of people wanted to know. I contacted many Mexican gov't agencies and was getting some responses about the rules. I posted as I learned. Someone said they were sick of it and the moderator closed the thread. There was still lots of useful info I was getting but I quit posting and will not be back. If you are sick of a topic all you have to do is not read it. Why a topic which seemed to have great interest to forum readers was cut off by the moderator was never explained. I broke no rules. The information was requested by many and was current. So I - like so many others - am done with this forum and the many useless posts that continue to plague this forum. Sad that a once very good forum is now of little or no use due to being taken over by a small handful of posters. It is supposed to be a forum about RVing - by and for those who are current RVers in areas south of the US border. That is no longer the case.

I hope your post stays up and can be seen by all.
Mine were deleted for saying the very same thing.
I wasn't trying to cause trouble but expressing my opinion as to what I saw from being a noob.
I also broke no rules but was only informed to read the guidelines.
Hopefully more posts like yours will sink in to those responsible