Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Ram HD

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
As my good friend Fish says....Enjoy!
New 2019 Ram HD
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
80 REPLIES 80

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Its pretty much anything at this point.

My takeaway after 8 pages. Glad I bought a left over 2018 CTD and added the 8yr 125k max care.

Now,a new 3500 with a big time problem? Carry on please.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
disappointed_owner wrote:
Anyone with a 2019 Ram 3500 Cummins have a fuel system failure?

My 2019 Ram with 245 miles experienced what the mechanic stated coded as a catastrophic failure.

Was told that fix is likely a new motor from the assembly line and perhaps up to two weeks before I get my truck back.

Would like to know if I'm the unlucky one or if others have experienced this same problem.

I suggest you post a new thread with all the FACTS you can list.

So their question in a topic titled "2019 Ram HD" should start a new thread but table saws are on topic?

Makes you wonder sometimes here, I too thought the topic was the 2019, but I guess its table saws now :h

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

My 2019 Ram with 245 miles experienced what the mechanic stated coded as a catastrophic failure.

Was told that fix is likely a new motor from the assembly line and perhaps up to two weeks before I get my truck back.

Would like to know if I'm the unlucky one or if others have experienced this same problem.

So their question in a topic titled "2019 Ram HD" should start a new thread but table saws are on topic?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

disappointed_ow
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still don't buy it!

Sent a message to Saw Stop to get their take on this.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The paint on the square end of the pencil was nicked by the blade. resistance measurements show the paint to be conductive. Three guesses where the pencil was made, and the first two do not count.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If he had actually touched a carbide tipped 40+ tooth saw blade spinning at 4,800 + RPM by a 3HP motor, he would have felt it."

I disagree as it all happens so fast! The side of his finger touching the side of the blade when he is already tense pushing something thru that needs a pencil to push it. I have seen it all! Carpenter/Construction Superintendent 35+ years.

YA don't have to touch the blades teeth!

"using safe material handling practices without the expensive blade brake."

This is something I can agree with!!!

Simple FACT is ya can't fix stupid. Had an Apprentice pushing boards thru saw between the fence and blade that were thin. Tole him to NOT do that, of course the little bASTARD did not listen and BAM the board twisted and chewed up his finger between the board and fence, lucky no blade contact. YUP last day!

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"The lead in the paint on the pencil triggered the stop."

Was this pencil from the dark ages? There is no "lead" in the paint or in the lead of the pencil.

Something does not sound right. Sure he did NOT touch the blade? I am betting he touched the blade.

If he had actually touched a carbide tipped 40+ tooth saw blade spinning at 4,800 + RPM by a 3HP motor, he would have felt it.

SawStops are known for false triggers. The mere moisture content of freshly milled wood and pressure treated lumber are so well known to trigger false blade brakes, that users typically disable the blade brake feature when cutting wet wood. Which brings the operator right back to where we started... using safe material handling practices without the expensive blade brake.

Sorry to continue along that tangent, but a parallel might be drawn with all the "safety" gizmo's in the upcoming Ram HD. We may still yet have to remember how to drive the truck when the software driving the big 12" screen crashes.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"The lead in the paint on the pencil triggered the stop."

Was this pencil from the dark ages? There is no "lead" in the paint or in the lead of the pencil.

Something does not sound right. Sure he did NOT touch the blade? I am betting he touched the blade.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
blofgren wrote:
Me Again wrote:
BigToe wrote:

1. Bosch cleverly invented the use of automotive air bag pre charged gas cartridges to stop the motion of table saw blades if an operator's hand made contact with the blade. Bosch's design was actually preferable to the competitor's blade stopping technology which destroyed the teeth of the saw blade in order to stop it. Bosch's air bag cartridge design saved the blade, and saved the fingers.

The problem was, the flesh detection technology that Bosch utilized to sense when the fingers were about to be cut was already patented by the competitor, called Saw Stop, which introduced the entire concept of safer table saws to market. Bosch built upon that idea, and introduced an improvement to the blade braking aspect, but Bosch refused to license the flesh sensing aspect from Saw Stop.

I was the monitor in our snowbird park's wood shop when one of the other monitors trip the Saw Stop. Sounded like a shotgun was fired. I hung the blade and stop module from the beam above the saw stuck together. It is a very nice saw. We have it built into a table big enough to rip a 4x8 sheet of plywood without needing some to catch the pieces.

He was cutting small pieces of wood for wooden toy and used a carpenter's pencil to hold the small piece to the saw fence as he pushed it threw. The lead in the paint on the pencil triggered the stop.

Chris

Very interesting!

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
BigToe wrote:
Yes, Ricatic's experience still reverberates in my mind every time I think about new Fords as well. And there are several other stories and story tellers. The ones that stick in the mind most are the Saul of Tarsus turned Paul the Apostle type of about faces, where the ardent advocates of Ford diesels, who boasted of never having a problem, suddenly get a problem, and don't get any assistance, even when still under warranty. Hell hath no fury like a fanboi scorned.

All brands can occasionally have problems, and all corporations can occasionally demonstrate some resistance to honoring their warranty. But I've read more stories about Ford denying warranty on Ford diesel trucks, particularly with the 6.7L engine, and particularly the fuel system of that engine, than any other corporate entity denying warranty for any other brand of product.

I've purchased more Ford vehicles than any other brand, btw, and currently own seven Fords (some are business vehicles). So my observation above is not biased by a predilection toward, or preference for, a competing brand. It is simply a concern about how Ford is treating customers with CP4.x fuel system failures. I feel fortunate not to be one of them.

I mentioned this years ago when Ricatic's experience would generate volumes of comments. Ford was/is very reluctant to cover CP4 issues likely because they don't feel they have to, and they are right. Lessons learned from the 6.0 and 6.4 debacle proved their position is solid. There would be no kickback from the CP4 issues that at the end of the day would matter. Ford still sells more HD diesels than the other two. This was the case in the later 2000's when the issues with the 6.0 and 6.4 were well known. Yet Ford buyers still bought Ford diesels, many of whom were victimized by their last Ford diesel purchase. Ford has been in an enviable position. The loyalty of their customers has been stronger than Ford's own committment to those same customers. Yet they still sell more HD diesels than does anyone else. The CP4 issues were not the only problems with the inital rollout of the 6.7 it just got more internet play than anything else did. Ford certainly lost sales over these issues, but not enough to tip the numbers enough to make them reconsider their position. I dont think Ram or GM could/can afford this position in the HD market. Hopefully I am right, if the CP4 causes issue in the Ram pickup, that Ram will stand behind it. With the 2020 GM HD finally speced at or above Ram, I dont think they want to surrender the number 2 position in HD sales by upsetting their reputation with current or potential owners.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
BigToe wrote:
Yes, Ricatic's experience still reverberates in my mind every time I think about new Fords as well. And there are several other stories and story tellers. The ones that stick in the mind most are the Saul of Tarsus turned Paul the Apostle type of about faces, where the ardent advocates of Ford diesels, who boasted of never having a problem, suddenly get a problem, and don't get any assistance, even when still under warranty. Hell hath no fury like a fanboi scorned.

All brands can occasionally have problems, and all corporations can occasionally demonstrate some resistance to honoring their warranty. But I've read more stories about Ford denying warranty on Ford diesel trucks, particularly with the 6.7L engine, and particularly the fuel system of that engine, than any other corporate entity denying warranty for any other brand of product.

I've purchased more Ford vehicles than any other brand, btw, and currently own seven Fords (some are business vehicles). So my observation above is not biased by a predilection toward, or preference for, a competing brand. It is simply a concern about how Ford is treating customers with CP4.x fuel system failures. I feel fortunate not to be one of them.

I mentioned this years ago when Ricatic's experience would generate volumes of comments. Ford was/is very reluctant to cover CP4 issues likely because they don't feel they have to, and they are right. Lessons learned from the 6.0 and 6.4 debacle proved their position is solid. There would be no kickback from the CP4 issues that at the end of the day would matter. Ford still sells more HD diesels than the other two. This was the case in the later 2000's when the issues with the 6.0 and 6.4 were well known. Yet Ford buyers still bought Ford diesels, many of whom were victimized by their last Ford diesel purchase. Ford has been in an enviable position. The loyalty of their customers has been stronger than Ford's own committment to those same customers. Yet they still sell more HD diesels than does anyone else. The CP4 issues were not the only problems with the inital rollout of the 6.7 it just got more internet play than anything else did. Ford certainly lost sales over these issues, but not enough to tip the numbers enough to make them reconsider their position. I dont think Ram or GM could/can afford this position in the HD market. Hopefully I am right, if the CP4 causes issue in the Ram pickup, that Ram will stand behind it. With the 2020 GM HD finally speced at or above Ram, I dont think they want to surrender the number 2 position in HD sales by upsetting their reputation with current or potential owners.
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
BigToe wrote:

2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1