cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time for New Floors, Anyone with Pics of New Wood Floors

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Its time for me to rip out the carpet and vinyl and replace flooring with water proof laminate wood flooring, would like to see pics of your new flooring to give me ideas..

I have cherry wood cabinets and walls, just cant figure the best color to go with.

:C
28 REPLIES 28

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
jmb575 wrote:
What floor did you end up going with? Weโ€™re about to do the same to our Fleetwood Terra, any lessons learned?

Smart Core Ultra from Lowes, its thicker than some of the vinyl floors like Allure, it has a rubber backing built in, needs no glue or nails and is 100 percent water proof, you can use it in wet areas without issues..

I wanted thicker so it adds strength to the floor and more sound proof.

https://youtu.be/dT8vvjGZjaI

https://youtu.be/JwPYUGpZf5E

Lessons : well I chose not to do the very front of RV where the drivers/passenger seat area and the bedroom and living room slide.

Keep carpet in the slide its to diffuclt to do the slide if you have a drop level floor slide like I do, also clean under the slide out and blow out with a air gun cause rocks and debri that move with the slide will sctracth the new floor.

Also invest in good tools it makes the job easier and better.

:C

jmb575
Explorer
Explorer
What floor did you end up going with? Weโ€™re about to do the same to our Fleetwood Terra, any lessons learned?
Because I am The Coach, That's why.
2007 Sport Edition Rhino, rollover survivor, nuff said.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Preacher Man wrote:
Looks great, how do you deal with the carpet that runs under the walls? We intend to replace our carpet with flooring as well and wonder how to handle those areas.

No carpet was under my walls, however there was about a million staples that had to be removed, I thinks they paid the installers by the staple..

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rainy Saturday good day to install the new floor. 12" x 24" click lock 4mm vinyl. I'll make the edging from some leftover oak next week to install around the edges.

Floors and Decor

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m guessing just cut it and quarter round
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

Preacher_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great, how do you deal with the carpet that runs under the walls? We intend to replace our carpet with flooring as well and wonder how to handle those areas.
Mark Walter
J-Angel Productions
Web and Media Company
2004 Sportscoach LE 376 DS
Cat 3126E, Allison 3000

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice job! Saved a ton of money too.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
My floors are finished..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Yea epoxy coating would work, you do need some thick coats so you don't get splinters in the middle of the night with bare feet.

I have my floors stripped of carpet/pad, vinyl and 10,000 staples and now starting to install my new floors, will post pics when finished, might take me a week however.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll get back to you in two months but I'm kind of thinking of maybe epoxy coating the chipboard which I did for the platform the water tanks rests on.

The epoxy water tank shelf. Darkened nicely and has a hard water proof finish. Kind of like a Paper Bag floor.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Even in my new in 1998 DP the first thing I did was remove the carpet. I use my motor homes at the race track and it seems that even the camp grounds I go to have the enemy of carpet, SAND. The Monaco we got last fall will have laminate by spring. Good luck with yours.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
T18skyguy wrote:
Tim, having installed several laminates in buildings I own, the easiest by far is a thin, flexible laminate that can be scored on the back, then you just bend it to break it. MUCH easier and just as good looking as the kind you need to cut with a saw. It also has a waterproof stikum along the long edge. You just press in place and it stays. I can't remember the name, but it's sold in Home Depot. It's been in my stick house for 10 years and no visable wear.

I think you are talking about Allure vinyl planks.

I am going with Smartcore Ultra flooring from Lowes, its thicker {7.5mm} and weights more but not nearly as much as solid wood planks, its 100 percent water proof, I want the thicker for a stronger floor, more wood feel and look and it will also offer a quieter ride.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Tim, having installed several laminates in buildings I own, the easiest by far is a thin, flexible laminate that can be scored on the back, then you just bend it to break it. MUCH easier and just as good looking as the kind you need to cut with a saw. It also has a waterproof stikum along the long edge. You just press in place and it stays. I can't remember the name, but it's sold in Home Depot. It's been in my stick house for 10 years and no visable wear.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
For those of us with allergies, carpet IS the enemy.

Floors in our stick house are hardwood and tile, and in the coach the floors are a cork composite. We have a few throw-rugs which get washed regularly and replaced periodically.

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540