cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading out in the morning...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II

Finally finished prepping for an early AM departure to Buckskin Mountain State Park on the Colorado River {north of Parker and south of the dam}, GPS says 274 miles and about 5 hours mas y menos.

Sites are hard to come by but made this reservation a couple of months ago and even then this was the one and only site available. We will have Wednesday through Friday and on Saturday morning will relocate down to Quartzsite, just an hour south for the big RV Show and all of the requisite silliness. This will be our 7th year in a row and while 2 days and nights are usually plenty we would not miss it. In Quartzsite, we dry camp at the Rice Ranch RV Park for $7 a night as we have no need for hookups. It is great to just be a few hundred yards from all of the Quartzsite action {Big Tent, Beer Bellies etc.}.

Inside the cargo trailer secure and snug is my motorcycle {2017 Indian Springfield} and we will be doing a lot of riding {weather permitting}. Laughlin, Oatman {bought a big bag of carrots to feed our Burro buddies}, old Route 66 are at the top of our list to ride once again. Don't have much on our Q shopping list except perhaps a new outdoor site rug as our old one is getting a little long in the tooth after 5 years.

On the road again...

:B
8 REPLIES 8

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
I use to be able to suggest a stop at the Bar at Emerald Cove( 3.00 for a pitcher of beer,64 oz) but last time there my 3 buck pitcher has become a 7 buck pitcher. Still ok...buttttt! They do have pretty good lunch deals Mon- Fri. Have Fun....
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got to the Q at 10 this morning and this place is jumping. This is the biggest crowd we have seen in 7 years. Rice Ranch is nearly full though they do still have some full hook up sites available and there is room to dry camp as well.

The big tent was packed and we quickly gave up fighting the crowd, will go back late this afternoon. Had a blast up at Buckskin Mountain SP but they are fully booked for months.

Got a couple of great bike rides in, up to Laughlin and out to Oatman to visit our Burro buddies. Oatman was crowded as well but always fun. Old Route 66 from Oatman down to I40 will always be one of my favorite motorcycle roads. Over the Parker dam and down the California side of the river to Parker and then simply reversing the route home was another awesome ride.

We are settled in for a couple days and looking forward to more Q craziness. Waaay too much fun!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a great trip. It's been a lot of years since we've been to the "Q." We have been sitting every winter in south Texas "eldersitting" for my parents. My dad is gone now and my mom is no longer coming. I just sold her place last month, so our winters will be free-er now. I would go to the Q just for the night sky. No other experience compares.

Have a great time!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a great time and a safe trip!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading for Laughlin Avi KOA on Thursday (9 or 10 hours) and then on to Quartzsite on Friday. Meeting up with 4 other units in Quartzsite but they wanted FHU so we are in town. Is there any transportation available from town (88 Shades) to the big tent?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
So much to do in Quartzite
Don't forget to visit the guy with the banana hammock at the bookstore lol

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
"Rice Ranch", that's the one across the street Right? I didn't know they had dry camping for 7 bucks a night. I was going this year again, I also Love the Fun atmosphere there, but I started too many projects on the MH.I had reservations in Salome, Az and was going to make the 40 mile trek into Q a couple of times but next year, I'll have to look into Rice Ranch again. Have Fun, have a Pizza from Silly Al's and hopefully, stay dry!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have a great trip!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad