Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up/observation camera question

Jimbee
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

Like many of you, our new Rockwood came equipped with a Furrion backup camera mount. Do you have to use the Furrion monitor to receive the camera signal, or is their an app that allows you to view the image on an a tablet/cell phone? It would be nice to be able to look at the video feed occasionally at night when inside, especially when camping in wild areas. Would be fun to see what kind of critters are lurking about!

Is there a different wireless camera system that is less expensive but will work in the Furrion housing?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i will be following this. i have a furrion backup camera and monitor on our current TT that came prewired with bracket. i installed this on our previous TT with same prewire bracket etc. when we traded it in on current TT i removed it and installed on new TT.

previous TT was 33ft long and current is 37ft. after using the system for about a year and a half i do like it. wired as rear observation which means its powered when towing on the road. wife is a good navigator and watches it for lane changes etc. it has been beneficial backing into tight spots. the signal is very good. rarely ever drops and if it does its only out a couple seconds. hardly any time lapse.

only negative is monitor size. small 4 inches or so. would be nice to have an app for ipad to use as monitor but not sure how that could work with the camera signal.

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
My display was stolen and I had to replace it...Furrion told me their cameras wouldn’t work with other displays, even other Furrion displays. Not sure how much truth to that. Depending on how yours is wired you’d have to have power to it to see anything she parked anyway. Mine is only powered when the marker lights have power. Would be interested to know if other 2.4ghz receivers would work with it.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Video signal is a 2.4 GHz link. You might find a 2.4 receiver/display that will pair with it. I do a lot of 5.8 GHz stuff with my RC drones. Multiple receivers can sync to a single camera and display the video. I am using FPViewer Adroid app and 5.8 receiver to display and record my camera I put in a RC race truck.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021