cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Email Problems Galore

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
For many years now I have been using the "Thunderbird" email program with no major issues..That was until last week when I turned on my shop computer and the email program started downloading every email that I have sent, received, placed in trash and so on..1000's of emails.. and each time I accessed a different email account using Thunderbird, the same thing happened.. Might be coincidence but Windows 10 had just updated again.. Anyone else use Thunderbird experiencing problems? Maybe time to change email programs...
6 REPLIES 6

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Did you switch from imap to smtp?

did not switch...

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:

Sure sounds like this !

Believe it or not, once you have imap working again, I am pretty sure you can put all of those emails back on the server !

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is a file you lost.. IT records what you have and have not read (It is the index pointer)

Now myself I use Web Mail. So when I' done with it I toss it in ye old bit bucket and there is nothing left for a "Client" to download .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Been using Thunderbird for probably 15 years now, but most of that time it was with a linux OS - the last Windows platform I have, and don't use for email, is 8.1...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
I am using Thunderbird and its predecessors for 2 decades and am not experiencing any problems at all. I am on a W10 PC but have no idea what update level. I know it just updated 1-2 weeks ago.