cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sasha's first RV trip

dturm
Sasha is in her third day of her first RV adventure. She is a perfect traveler, but I guess we should have expected that with her previous world travels coming from Turkey!!

She staked out her riding position on the couch and sleeps or relaxes and isn't even bothered by rumble strips or passing trucks.

She loves new smells and watching critters (mostly birds and squirrels) around the campgrounds. We think Kaylee has taught her this activity.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV
10 REPLIES 10

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our RV is the only home our current dog has know with us. She certainly doesn't mind. Not thrilled with days of traveling, but likes when we stop and there are new places to check out.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
She's beautiful, such a beautiful soul. Looks like she enjoys being with her humans.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
"Born to camp"! That's a happy-looking dog right there 🙂

I think the secret is a pet owner that is kind and pet friendly. Merlin my Keeshond is a puppy mill rescue (in that environment as a stud for the first six years of his life). Skidish but very trusting on lead, will set/sleep for hours and enjoy life. I hit a very loud expansion joint on a bridge that got his attention, he had a look on his face of 'what the *ell just happened'. I reassured him that all was right with the world and he went back to sleep.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
"Born to camp"! That's a happy-looking dog right there 🙂
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right at home. :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Pebbles loves to camp and is ready for anything and takes it in stride, as long as I am around. Mitzi has not been on a trip yet but with her personality I am sure she will love it too. Both of them jump into the TT when I go out to do something. The other three love to go but only if mom is around.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
She definitely appears to be a seasoned traveler. :C

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Your post reminded me of a funny story when I adopted Mikko. The rescue group drove Mikko from Minneapolis to Des Moines where I met them. When I picked Mikko up they warned me he might be very nervous about a new person and travel. Mikko was sound asleep in the Blazer before I hit the Interstate, he woke up when I hit some rumble strip outside Kansas City. He did have a surprised look when he woke up.

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
🙂

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I have yet to own a dog that didn't enjoy travel and being with their owner's. The only issues I have is when traveling to a different area that has dangers the Collies are not accustomed to, such as alligators in Florida, poison snakes in the South west, wolves and bears in the North.