cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Base plate question

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
Have a buddy with a Jeep that the previous owner pulled behind their motorhome. Trying to figure out what kind of tow bar i need to pull it with.

It has the connection points for the tow bar on the front of the jeep. We looked at it and can't find any kind of manufacturers info on the connection point.

Are the base plates pretty standard across the board? Or could this be some kind of proprietary system?

What kind of tow bar do i need?

Thanks,

Nate
18 REPLIES 18

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
looks like my Demco for my Saturn
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
A Demco dominator will hook right up to it. I found mine brand new on ebay 50% off.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you can make Remco and blueox interchange on towbar connectors.

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
Not my jeep. A buddy coming on the trip has the jeep.

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why are you only going to use it once?
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
houstonstroker wrote:
ACDNate wrote:
So what's my cheapest route on tow bar? I don't have a vehicle setup to tow myself so o dont want to drop $1k OB a tow bar I may only use once.

I found my tow bar on Craigslist. You also need safety cables, a light cable, a braking system for the jeep and a breakaway cable. None of it is cheap.

Jeep has a light connection in place. I have a brake buddy to borrow. Think I'll be able to bring the jeep fairly cheap to try it out

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
ACDNate wrote:
So what's my cheapest route on tow bar? I don't have a vehicle setup to tow myself so o dont want to drop $1k OB a tow bar I may only use once.

I found my tow bar on Craigslist. You also need safety cables, a light cable, a braking system for the jeep and a breakaway cable. None of it is cheap.
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are only going to tow it once, check out a A frame tow bar at auto parts or harbor freight type store and make it attach to that jeep. I did this once when I was traveling in my toad and bought a motor home on the trip and needed to tow the toad back home 600 miles.

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Demco. Ready Brute tow bar is available with a Demco compatible tab.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
w4phj wrote:
rk911 wrote:
looks like the Blue Ox base plate on our '03 Wrangler.

X2

Looks like the baseplate on my 2015 Wrangler which I know is
a Blue Ox because my wife and I installed it.

X3
2010 Suncruiser

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Demco

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
looks like the Blue Ox base plate on our '03 Wrangler.

X2

Looks like the baseplate on my 2015 Wrangler which I know is
a Blue Ox because my wife and I installed it.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
So I don't necessarily have to have the same brand of tow bar?