cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campsite total now up to almost 700

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Wrapped up my 13th session of about six months of ramblin' in my truck camper all over the West last November. My list of campsites jumped from 660 to 690. Didn't think I'd add that many new ones from 81 total sites for the year. Guess I'm getting the feeling I'm part of that song "I've been everywhere, man". ๐Ÿ™‚

Below is a map of the 690 sites. They are mostly guvmint types and very few commercial ones. I'm not one to "plug-in". ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe you can find a new place from it.

Map of 690 sites
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
13 REPLIES 13

Calisdad
Explorer
Explorer
Ramblin' Ralph wrote:
Thanks for the thumbs up, folks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Calisdad: I listen to KPIG, but am not related to anyone there (that I know of). $20 for full hookups is really a deal.

Veebyes: With 1600 nites, you might well have me beat on CGs. I tend to stay in many "repeat CGs" each year, since I stick to the Western U.S. Yes, I'm not a fan of commercial CGs. A couple of times a year I'm forced into one. BTW, I'm W6IGG and have been licensed for over 60 years! Have only a 2 mtr HT now, but hardly ever turn it on.

I should clarify that rate is a senior discounted rate and the Wi-Fi works best in the RV lot not the CG's. I was getting 75Mps at times tho.- enjoy

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the thumbs up, folks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Calisdad: I listen to KPIG, but am not related to anyone there (that I know of). $20 for full hookups is really a deal.

Veebyes: With 1600 nites, you might well have me beat on CGs. I tend to stay in many "repeat CGs" each year, since I stick to the Western U.S. Yes, I'm not a fan of commercial CGs. A couple of times a year I'm forced into one. BTW, I'm W6IGG and have been licensed for over 60 years! Have only a 2 mtr HT now, but hardly ever turn it on.
Ralph
Instagram

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good going. I never thought to keep track of them all but it must be hundreds after 12 seasons & well over 1600 nights on the road. We very seldom do the same CG twice except for our beginning of trip & end of trip 'go to' CG, Martinak SP on Marylands Eastern Shore. We have done every state at least twice & most every province.

The first few years I did a combined routes taken map but dropped doing that as it looked like a demented spiders web back & forth, north & south across the country.

Had a look at your Alaskan travels. We have similar tastes in CGs as we have been in many of the same ones. We take the view that private CGs are for laundry day & WIFI access only, breaking that rule only for reasons of excessive heat or cold.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Calisdad
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent Ralph- Thanks.

Gotta ask- Central Calif? Hogtime Music? Any relation to Ralph Anybody of KPIG?

We just spent a couple of nights at Lake McSwain just north of Merced and just down river from Lake McClure.. They had about a 4% occupancy rate this week and for full hookups including fast internet at under $20 a night it's a sweet deal. Blazing hot in the summer tho- enjoy.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
jmckelvy wrote:
You have me beat Ralph. I have done only 351 with the truck camper so far.:)
Still, that's a good number. I'm an old geezer nearing the end of ramblin'. You'll eventually catch me, I'm sure. ๐Ÿ™‚
Ralph
Instagram

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
You have me beat Ralph. I have done only 351 with the truck camper so far.:)

I enjoy the photos of campsites on your website.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Fantastic... that's a gold mine of free information. Thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Great stuff!
Thanks for all the new (to me) places

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the thumbs up! ๐Ÿ™‚
Ralph
Instagram

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Thank you for all of the new sites you've shown me over the years!
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
That's amazing.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
thats pretty cool thanks

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your map postings are very interesting...informative.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad