cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

forestcamping.com ???

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any info on forestcamping.com as to why we now have to have a sign-in on what was a wonderful open site for all to use??? I know we have to sign-in on most of these RV sites, but just wondering what happened. New site owners, hijacked, or whatever!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles
19 REPLIES 19

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good news -- thanks for the heads up!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's back again on Sunday afternoon at 2pm MT.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used that site in the past and also have the opinion that is was by a couple who visited and reviews these forest campgrounds and gave info that was very helpful especially if you are a big rig wanting to camp at a forest campground. Just went to the site and it was the same as always. Just clicked on the left side for forest campgrounds and the page to search or view them all came up. Did not get any type of sign in.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something is going on. I did a search of the names of the site owners and came up with a lot of very recent postings on Chinese websites, which indicates to me that there may have been a hack and a hijacking. The Chinese sites generated popups that demanded downloading -- of course I just exited.

I can't imagine why anyone would hack that particular site. Detailed national forest campground reports are not exactly hot click-bait. ๐Ÿ˜‰
About our trailer

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me too. I am renewing my effort to contact the folks who maintain that site -- I really depend on it.
About our trailer

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
JT wrote:
Hmmmm...I just tried the site; got a "403" "Forbidden Entry" from "Host Gator". No idea what's going on with that!

Yup, got the same thing. It worked for a few days, now this.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm...I just tried the site; got a "403" "Forbidden Entry" from "Host Gator". No idea what's going on with that!

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
COOL site ~ Thank You

In looking thru it did run across a 'disclaimer' re: reservations and availability during 'shutdown'

JM2ยข YMMV

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
The site is working well for me. I have used this useful site for many, many years
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
That site is actually a private dot . com site - not federal or state. It's run by a couple who travel and camp in the NF sites and post information about each one they visit or have visited. It's been around for years.

As you can see, it contains advertising as well - so, not government although it gives out a lot of government information. I do believe its link was banned off RV.net at one time because of its commercial nature. Not exactly sure how that RV.net policy works, as we see some links to commerical sites and others deleted in some posts.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's working fine now...

https://www.forestcamping.com/dow/rockymtn/roos.htm CLICKY

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
coolmom42 wrote:
I don't think that site is government run. Maybe it's just down for maintenance. I hope so, it is a GREAT site!

I think the person who guessed that they shutdown because all the government sites that they link to are shutdown. An explanation screen would have been good tho. Something like we'll be back when the government is back in operations.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think that site is government run. Maybe it's just down for maintenance. I hope so, it is a GREAT site!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've sent a PM to a person who used to be involved with that site -- she may be able to clear things up -- I am hoping that all is well with that site. It is tremendously useful -- there are things listed there that are not on rvparkreviews, and the campground descriptions are excellent.
About our trailer