cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cre3000 to CRE4000

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone replace the Moryde CRE3000 equalizer with the 4000 ? If so, worth the cost or just go the Joyriders shock kit ?
28 REPLIES 28

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Had the SRE 4000 installed now for a few trips and love it over stock. SRE 4000 provides a smoother ride, nothing is out of the cabinets or broken. I would like to thank you guys for the help. Safe and happy travels this season.
G.H.

MoparBob
Explorer
Explorer
GHop wrote:
RollandB wrote:
GHop wrote:
I think I ordered the wrong one. Where did you guys take your measurements from? I went by an Rv web site which said to measure from center wheel hug to center wheel hug which measured on my rig 35inches so I purchased the SRE2 735x. After going on MorRyde I found they wanted you to measure from one hanger to the second hanger so for my rig it was 59inches.

Hub to hub centers should work, or the centers of the axles would do the same. Should be either 33 or 35โ€. Iโ€™ve seen the MorRyde site with the page of measuring the hangers. I found that isnโ€™t truly accurate as Northwood who makes our fifth wheel has different axle spacing but I have 35โ€ axle centers.

If you are measuring I would also compare the three holes in the CRE3000. On the one I had for a 35โ€ centers caused the axles to be nearly 33โ€ as the dimensions of the three holes was different than the OEM equalizers. In Talking to MorRyde they were stumped on the issue the CRE3000 caused (which isnโ€™t a problem on the SRE4000.

Thank you for responding. I measured the Dexter equalizer and you have six inches and the two center of the mounting holes on the SRE 4000 is 8 inches. After measuring all of this I called MorRyde and was told I should have ordered the SRE 733.

I just measured 34.5" between hub centers on mine, but there is just a little bit over 6" in between the shackle mounting holes on the CRE3000 that is currently installed...looks like I need to call MORryde.
2018 Ford F250HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L
2016 Glacier Peak 26RKS

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
I didn't realize how much difference between my 3000's that came on our 5er and the 4000. Our rig also came with the shock mounts but with the axles flipped no body has been able to get me a shock that fits. Not Jayco or LCI, Monroe won't give me a clue either.
Did you do both 4000 & Joyrider at same time ?

We had a shock issue on our 5th wheel after I used the MorRyde system to raise our unit to itโ€™s highest possible position. I took measurements at the shock location ( for all 6 shocks), with the axle at itโ€™s lowest position and at itโ€™s highest at all 6 locations. Once I determined the maximum/ minimum length needed, I went to the Monroe website and searched thru all of the shocks listed to find the one that would work for my application. There are a lot of shocks listed, and a rather tedius procedure to narrow it down!

http://www.monroe.com/downloads/install-instructions-guides/MonroeMountingLengthSpecifications.pdf
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the delay in responding. Completed the upgrade after re-measuring which came out to be 58 1/3 inches I had to reorder the correct one which was SR2-733.

We just returned from a trip and the new SRE 4000 appeared to help with the road shock. We had no open cabinets but we did suffer a broken pendant light over kitchen island.
G.H.

MoparBob
Explorer
Explorer
Have you completed your upgrades yet? If so, got any feedback for us?
2018 Ford F250HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L
2016 Glacier Peak 26RKS

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
GHop, did you measure the hub or Axle centers? Reason I ask is I would go more with that measurement.

Ours was 35โ€ with the OEM Dexter equalizer, the CRE3000 that I had put on ours before the SRE4000 was a 35โ€ but moved the spacing to 33โ€. Thatโ€™s when I got in touch with Dexter, emailed photos as I was concerned with the change since it brought the tires closer to each other. They involved one of there engineers and couldnโ€™t explain the change they also said I would have 33โ€ based on the hanger spacing.

I installed the 35โ€ SRE4000 and got the spacing back to about 35โ€ as it was before.

If you donโ€™t have wet bolts now, I would suggest getting them with the SRE4000

Good luck with your install!

Thank you for responding. I measured from the center hub to center hub which gave me 35 inches. So with this measurement, I ordered the SRE735
What I have a concern with is the Dexter equalizer is two inches smaller than the MorRyde SRE 4000. Thank you guys for helping with great input.
G.H.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
GHop, did you measure the hub or Axle centers? Reason I ask is I would go more with that measurement.

Ours was 35โ€ with the OEM Dexter equalizer, the CRE3000 that I had put on ours before the SRE4000 was a 35โ€ but moved the spacing to 33โ€. Thatโ€™s when I got in touch with Dexter, emailed photos as I was concerned with the change since it brought the tires closer to each other. They involved one of there engineers and couldnโ€™t explain the change they also said I would have 33โ€ based on the hanger spacing.

I installed the 35โ€ SRE4000 and got the spacing back to about 35โ€ as it was before.

If you donโ€™t have wet bolts now, I would suggest getting them with the SRE4000

Good luck with your install!
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
GHop wrote:
I think I ordered the wrong one. Where did you guys take your measurements from? I went by an Rv web site which said to measure from center wheel hug to center wheel hug which measured on my rig 35inches so I purchased the SRE2 735x. After going on MorRyde I found they wanted you to measure from one hanger to the second hanger so for my rig it was 59inches.

Hub to hub centers should work, or the centers of the axles would do the same. Should be either 33 or 35โ€. Iโ€™ve seen the MorRyde site with the page of measuring the hangers. I found that isnโ€™t truly accurate as Northwood who makes our fifth wheel has different axle spacing but I have 35โ€ axle centers.

If you are measuring I would also compare the three holes in the CRE3000. On the one I had for a 35โ€ centers caused the axles to be nearly 33โ€ as the dimensions of the three holes was different than the OEM equalizers. In Talking to MorRyde they were stumped on the issue the CRE3000 caused (which isnโ€™t a problem on the SRE4000.

Thank you for responding. I measured the Dexter equalizer and you have six inches and the two center of the mounting holes on the SRE 4000 is 8 inches. After measuring all of this I called MorRyde and was told I should have ordered the SRE 733.
G.H.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
GHop wrote:

2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
I think I ordered the wrong one. Where did you guys take your measurements from? I went by an Rv web site which said to measure from center wheel hub to center wheel hub which measured on my rig 35inches so I purchased the SRE2 735x. After going on MorRyde I found they wanted you to measure from one hanger to the second hanger so for my rig it was 59inches.
G.H.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
We also went from the Lippert equivalent of the 3000 to the MorRyde SRE4000. Night and day difference! The Lippert cushioned equalizer never seemed to make a difference. Like the OP with the 4000 we only feel the trailer hit bumps 2% of the time. We have had a MORryde 18k pin box with both suspensions, but when upgrading to the SRE4000 we also added the three X-factor cross members, one across each spring hanger front an rear an across the center ...

I will also say most of the time with the SRE4000 the microwave plate is still in place after a drive while it never was before the LCI suspension as well our coffee pot, toaster never moves now on the counter top ๐Ÿ™‚

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I did the 026s on a old Eagle we had, but it had been raised all the way up. I never did it again because after less than 2 years they were worn out.
I do like the look of the Joyrider's kit. Lowers the the lower mount for lot more travel. A lot more choices in that style of mount also. But for those $$ I would do Trailair pinbox
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocamprs wrote:
sayoung wrote:
I didn't realize how much difference between my 3000's that came on our 5er and the 4000. Our rig also came with the shock mounts but with the axles flipped no body has been able to get me a shock that fits. Not Jayco or LCI, Monroe won't give me a clue either.
Did you do both 4000 & Joyrider at same time ?

Monroe 555001 Compressed Length 7.875" Extended Length 11.875" Travel Length 4.000"
Monroe 555026 Compressed Length 8.625" Extended Length 13.500" Travel Length 4.875"
Both are Stem Mount, with rubber bushings.

Thanks but I had that info way back. Without moving to Hole for highest ground clearance which I don't need any more height , 13'2" now. I have the longer 026 and with the rubber mounts you can't install without removing spring from shackles then you have very little compression travel & will bottom out which is worse than no shock absorber. The shorter just the opposite. Like I said LCI sending me new mounts FREE.