cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swinger

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to buy my first RV, and this one looks interesting. (Yes this is my budget)

Anyone have anything good bad or otherwise to say about this vehicle?
Seems like a nice vehicle for the price
....I appreciate any input as I am a literal newbie.

thanks!
R

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1958345247801074?surface=product_details
20 REPLIES 20

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
not yet! I am still researching. There's plenty on the market to choose from.

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Did you decide on an rv?

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You Gjac.
Sounds like you own a champ.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 1996 GBM Swinger with one living room slide. I bought it in 2004 with 24,000 miles on it and put more than 100,000 miles on it my self. The exhaust manifold was leaking when I bought it but Headers fixed that problem along with a FF muffler and CAI the HP was increased by about 80 hp so performace was very good. My plan was to buy an older MH to see if I liked the hobby and lean about MH's then buy a newer one based on what I learned, but 15 years later I still have the same one like Rog and Nan. Rather than write a novel about the problems I had with it you can search under my name and you can read in detail or just PM me and I can answer your questions and tell you what to look out for. The front end on the P30 chassis was problematic and costly to repair but I don't think the Ford has the IFS front end.

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
...hellfire, i just knew it! not EVERYONE insists on RV's with slides.

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered a Georgie Boy Cruise Master in January of ‘96. We still have it Will be 23 years old in April. That was the first year GB offered slideouts. But only on the Swinger. We opted for the CM without the slide, we have never had any regrets. They also offered the newer motor but it was also it’s first year being offered. We stuck with the 454, probably should have gone with the vortex motor. But we have what we believe to be one of the most reliable units ever built for a great price. We love ours even without a slide. Other than the overheating on the 454 engine in all these years we’ve only had normal maintenance done. Tires, belts, airbags, brakes and fuel pump (which is in the gas tank ugh,). It has been to east coast, west coast north and south and Canada. Never a problem. We always planned on upgrading when we retired 20 years ago but nothing could compare with our baby.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
randysan wrote:
I am looking to buy my first RV, and this one looks interesting. (Yes this is my budget)

Anyone have anything good bad or otherwise to say about this vehicle?
Seems like a nice vehicle for the price
....I appreciate any input as I am a literal newbie.

thanks!
R

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1958345247801074?surface=product_details

That is a nice and clean older motorhome with low miles, I would make a move on that if I was wanting a older motorhome, if you do buy it redo the whole inside and update the colors.

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
iha 🙂

i thought the same about it needing a fix every other day...but it has a new engine and has been extremely well-cared for. yeah the mileage is kray.

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
I'd pass on that Honey.
And don't call me Honey lol
Too old. You'll be fixing things everyday
And it's fugly
10 to 12 mpg????

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
You mean the 22' Monterey?
I am looking at it this coming Saturday.

I also really dig this one...
it seems quite good from the pics and description:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1693270170796096/?surface=messenger_banner

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to the other one you were looking at?
The one that the moderators didn't like, lol

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
get it then you will be a real swinger.

hah!--but once can't swing without slides :R

randysan
Explorer
Explorer
thanks gary....and, --i of course don't know what i'm talking about, but it's hard to believe that most RV buyers only consider vehicles with slides.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
get it then you will be a real swinger.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015