cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cab soundproofing

leg01
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone soundproofed the cab on a Ford F450? What did you use to soundproof it with?
Thanks Lee
14 REPLIES 14

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you, sir!!

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:
May I inquire what "this" is? Can't really read the writing on the pads.

Kilmat, easy to install.

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
May I inquire what "this" is? Can't really read the writing on the pads.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
when I changed the carpet under the dinette I used this....I plan on doing the same thing when I pull the carpeting out up front and upgrade it. It made quite a difference when the slide is out and the generator is running.

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I used Peal and Seal on another car and it does a good job in reducing the noise. Bought it from Lowes.

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't noticed an issue in my motorhome, but my van (essentially the same cab) is VERY loud under a load as I have one of those stupid cold air intake systems on it with a big cone air filter. If I knew how loud that thing would be, I would not have done it lol.

In the motorhome, most of the noise is wind noise and rattles from stuff in the back.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1977 E350 motorhome, and find between the engine noise, and the heat off the manifolds/exhaust it can get quite warm and noisy in the cab at times.. this year to work and do something about it

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I can imagine serious noise could generate from below....just haven't noticed nothing requiring noise mitigation coming from the floor board in my E450.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Most of the noise came from the dishes/pots/silverware and put foam pads between items to stop the rattles. Also stapled bubble wrap silver wrap on interior of all cabinetry. Moved gas grill beneath camper.....got rid of 80% of the noise and now we can actually talk will driving.

Not was the case on my gas motorhome with the Banks system, when the RPM's were high in the mountains and such it was very load, so I crawled under RV and noticed Fleetwood had zero sound proof on doghouse and under the floor in front, so $400.00 later and a 2 days of work I sound proof the dog house and under the floors and front wheel wells and now it very quiet.

But than the noises in back that I did not hear before became another issue..

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the noise came from the dishes/pots/silverware and put foam pads between items to stop the rattles. Also stapled bubble wrap silver wrap on interior of all cabinetry. Moved gas grill beneath camper.....got rid of 80% of the noise and now we can actually talk will driving.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Read about sound deadening here. There's much to learn.

leg01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I will look into them.

Lee

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I used these 2 products here I bought on Amazon, you install the Q-Pads 1st than add the Dynamats over the top of the Q-pads, in my motorhome the sound level is half what is was..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P70UP8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00069QLVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve used Dynamat in the doors, under the carpeting, behind the dash and firewall. They make all kinds of sound dreading products.
Dynamat sound deadening material
Donโ€™t think youโ€™ll actually sound proof your cab, but you will be able to quiet it down some.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo