cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop Up question

oil8390
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Jayco 10SD Pop Up, just wondering if there is any kind of solution to the small holes that are in the trailer where the bed and the canvas meet on the inside , and by the door , couple of times last year we walked in the trailer and it was full of mosquitoes, just wondering if there’s anything I can do to fix this or just keep putting paper towel in the holes and hope for the best

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure on you model, but now I have had 3 brand new pop ups and each one has voids or holes where the canvas attaches in spots. Even my new camper does but you can push the canvas together to make the spots smaller or just stick paper towel to fill them in.

Usually the spots are so small, bugs usually don't get in there, and more come in every time you open the door.

But my wife is allergic to bees and wasps and yellow jackets love to find holes to come in, so I make sure canvas attachment voids are very very small.

You really need to take some pics so we actually know what you're talking about.

Good luck
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
oil8390 wrote:
Thanks for all of the responses, the problem is that there is a hole above the dinette closest to the bed when it is completely pulled out that the canvas doesn't touch its just an open hole for some reason, the velcro below the bed that keeps the canvas tight works really well its just i have a couple of holes like that, I have taken this trailer back to the Dealer 3 times for warranty work already and i have only had it for one summer , not really too happy with it.

Now that I think about my popup I think there might be a few holes where the material isn't secured to the trailer. They are up high and probably would not leak in the rain, but maybe they're not designed to be bug tight.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you may have pulled the fabric away from its PERMANENT attachment to the roof. May have to undo the trim and reset and reattach the trim in that area.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Can you take a picture of the hol/holes. Several pop-ups ~ no holes to best of memory. JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

X2 on citronilla

oil8390
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses, the problem is that there is a hole above the dinette closest to the bed when it is completely pulled out that the canvas doesn't touch its just an open hole for some reason, the velcro below the bed that keeps the canvas tight works really well its just i have a couple of holes like that, I have taken this trailer back to the Dealer 3 times for warranty work already and i have only had it for one summer , not really too happy with it.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Mine is quite a bit older and has a few holes that bugs could get in. But that's mostly because the velcro is completely worn out. Like Dutchmen sport says I would make sure the elastic cords under the bed were attached, and then look to see if there is some sort attachment on the other areas that are maybe not secured.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We went through two used and one new tent trailer before our kids left the nest. They were the best camping experiences that we ever had! None of those had any holes that allowed mosquitoes to get in. That’s just not normal. Get on the phone with Jayco’s customer service and see if they can’t help.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete