cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power bed lift

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has anyone built a power lift for their bed? I need to come up with a method of lifting the bed that is not manual

Thanks
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
9 REPLIES 9

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
A cheaper option is to move the attach points off your existing gas struts. When my wife added 3 in memory foam the bed became very difficult to lift, in fact it was so heavy it would not stay up by itself. I kept the same attachment on the bed and moved the attach point on the bed frame about 2 ins. fwd. I also reinforced the bed frame due to the added weight.

Free, easy, and requires no new parts. Gotta love it!

I'll be giving this a try. since I replaced our short queen mattress with a full length, thicker mattress, and extended the platform, the bed is very hard to lift and will not stay up.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
A cheaper option is to move the attach points off your existing gas struts. When my wife added 3 in memory foam the bed became very difficult to lift, in fact it was so heavy it would not stay up by itself. I kept the same attachment on the bed and moved the attach point on the bed frame about 2 ins. fwd. I also reinforced the bed frame due to the added weight.

DC8Captain
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:
I bought a set of Eco-worthy 16" linear actuators off Amazon. They come with a controller. Pretty easy to install on either side of the bed. My back couldn't do it anymore especially with all the stuff that is usually piled on the bed. They are a great solution.

Do you happen to have a picture?
Deb & Dale
2016 JayFlight 27BHS
2009 Silverado 2500 HD Crewcab
Colorado

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I'd put them where the existing gas springs are.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:
I bought a set of Eco-worthy 16" linear actuators off Amazon. They come with a controller. Pretty easy to install on either side of the bed. My back couldn't do it anymore especially with all the stuff that is usually piled on the bed. They are a great solution.

Iโ€™m guessing the 16โ€ part is the amount of rise it provides?

Did you locate them at the foot of the bed corners or futprther up the side.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Two words, linear actuator.

X2
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Two words, linear actuator.
-- Chris Bryant

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could you buy new struts that are meant to lift a little more weight and then they would raise it for you.