cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevy commercial parody.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
This guy has done a lot with Chevy commercials, but this one is pretty spot on. Considering the commercial aired a week or so before the layoffs!

Chevy commercial!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
17 REPLIES 17

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
When I see or hear that old, "not actors/real people",i flip my attention off. if they think I am that ignorant and gullible, I wonder what kind of other line or vehicle they wold sell me.

Sides, i don't own government bail out stuff. Hmmmm, wonder if GM did not get it on the first bail out? :h

In Canada, taxpayers also bailed our GM and Chrysler. Then GM shuts down the big plant in Ontario...the plant where two of our cars were made.. 2007 Buick LaCrosse and a 2015 Impala.

So why did we buy a new Impala if this was the way GM was going to handle all that Canadian taxpayers money. Kind of take the money and run.

When it comes to our next new sedan..could well be that we'll check out the new Honda Accord as GM, Ford won't have any mid to large 4 door sedans.

I'm an old guy. Started driving in 1965. I never, ever thought that companies like GM, Ford, Chrysler would not exist. But, I'm starting to wonder now, with the decisions the new management at GM and Ford are making.

In my lifetime I've seen lots of vehicle makers go down the tubes. Studebaker, Hudson, Packard, AMC, BSA, the old Triumph and Norton. Harley almost bought it, about 40 odd years ago. It happens.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan killed off the automotive industry in the UK by building vehicles people wanted, making sure their vehicles were reliable, durable and had good trade in value.

Now, no more sedans from GM, Ford.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
When I see or hear that old, "not actors/real people",i flip my attention off. if they think I am that ignorant and gullible, I wonder what kind of other line or vehicle they wold sell me.

Sides, i don't own government bail out stuff. Hmmmm, wonder if GM did not get it on the first bail out? :h

Community Alumni
Not applicable
mich800 wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
GM needs to hire a new advertising firm. For many years they couldnโ€™t keep the name Ford out of their commercials. Including Howie Long panning Fordโ€™s โ€œ man stepโ€ that turned out to be great advertising for Ford. And now their โ€œreal people, not actorsโ€. Really???

I have said this for years. For some reason GM insists on highlighting their competitions features rather than concentrating on their relative strengths.

X2. They spend way too much time ragging on competitors and talking about the awards that they've won years ago. Give me a reason to buy your trucks beyond a bunch of clueless people who can't tell the difference between a Chevy and a Lexus or BMW.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
JALLEN4 wrote:
I must admit it is one of life's biggest mysteries why the people who actually know and understand the automotive business don't work in it. Instead, people who know nothing about the business, run it 24/7. On the other hand I am sure those who don't work in it but know everything about it are all multi-millionaires from buying and selling automotive stocks.

GM was at it's zenith in the '50's and '60's when it had car guys like Bunky Knudsen, Ed Cole...etc...running the ship. Things started to go down the tubes when they had bean counters and MBA's running things.

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
I must admit it is one of life's biggest mysteries why the people who actually know and understand the automotive business don't work in it. Instead, people who know nothing about the business, run it 24/7. On the other hand I am sure those who don't work in it but know everything about it are all multi-millionaires from buying and selling automotive stocks.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
For years I've seen very few GM TV commercials. I finally saw a GMC Yukon XL on a TV commercial...however the commercial was for the Nissan Qashqai.
Kind of like VW showing a Chevrolet electric car in their commercial.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Lessmore wrote:
For years I've seen very few GM TV commercials. I finally saw a GMC Yukon XL on a TV commercial...however the commercial was for the Nissan Qashqai.

You will likely see several daily in the US. Currently it is the โ€œreal people, not actorsโ€ commercials with people oohing and aahing and squealing about the new GM trucks, including one guy claiming to get goosebumps. :S

But then, few commercials of any kind are very thought provoking.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
GM needs to hire a new advertising firm. For many years they couldnโ€™t keep the name Ford out of their commercials. Including Howie Long panning Fordโ€™s โ€œ man stepโ€ that turned out to be great advertising for Ford. And now their โ€œreal people, not actorsโ€. Really???

I have said this for years. For some reason GM insists on highlighting their competitions features rather than concentrating on their relative strengths.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom line is.... Ford, FCA and GM are privately held corporations and as such only have to answer to their investors and to remain viable, sometimes they have to do things that incite the public.

No job is forever except being a professional politician.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/analyst-says-ford-layoffs-to-be-worse-than-general-motors/

Another side of the story.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
I wouldnโ€™t count on import sedans for any length of time! Itโ€™s imevitable that it trickles down into the imports over time.

True. Read a column in the Detroit Free Press on this topic and Toyota and Honda. Both manufacturers sell plenty of Camrys and Accords, but the bulk of these sales are to fleet operators (rentals). The newly redesigned 2019 Avalon, is on track to likely sell fewer than 70,000 units. So, it would seem the sedan is on varying levels of life support industry wide.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Less more, no American sedans? Even though SUVs and crossovers are pretty much the new family sedans, I'm not sure if your serious or just wanting to complain about the state of affairs of the US auto industry.
You know, kind of like a less abrasive Robert Ryan! Lol

American sedans for 2019.
Your Chevy Impala
Buick LaCrosse and Regal
Any number of Caddys
And my favorite. Charger. 300 to 700hp. Pick your weapon! Or it's Chrysler twin....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad