cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shaw TV in south Florida

RamblinFever
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone receive Shaw TV in south Florida? We had good reception in south Texas last winter but cannot find a signal here.
2004 Bounder 35E, W-22
2014 Honda CR-V, SMI brake
8 REPLIES 8

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently just south of Clermont, FL (more central than south FL) and I saw a couple of Shaw dishes on tripods as I made my morning walk today.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
Satellites used for TV are "Spot beamed" or "Floodlight beamed"
For Dish and DirecHDTV the Floodlight) Is CONUS.. you get good reception in say Windsor but as you approach the northen parts of CA by by signal.

Likewise the "Flood light" for Shaw and Bell is Canada. South Florida is going to be iffy. very very iffy,

In addition at least in the US local stations are SPOT Beamed.. What is a SPOT beam

Imagine a stage. upon the stage is painted a map of the United states.. Standing on the spot that represents the roof of your house is the star of the show singing his solo. FOllow spots are spotlighting him.

The other actors are on stage. but in the dark.

Same thing exactly.

While the idea of spot beam and CONUS coverage is correct, your conclusions are wrong. Bell is not available in most of the US, however, SHAW has full US coverage plus Mexico to some degree.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dream_Chaser_
Explorer
Explorer
We are just north of Orlando and get a strong signal. Make sure you are using an elliptical dish or it won't work.

RamblinFever
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Shaw satellite footprint maps:

Shaw Direct Satellite Coverage and Recommended Antenna Sizes

Thanks. The map shows that the signal should be almost as strong as south Texas, so I'll try again. I still would like to hear from anyone who has reception in south Florida.
2004 Bounder 35E, W-22
2014 Honda CR-V, SMI brake

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw satellite footprint maps:

Shaw Direct Satellite Coverage and Recommended Antenna Sizes
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Satellites used for TV are "Spot beamed" or "Floodlight beamed"
For Dish and DirecHDTV the Floodlight) Is CONUS.. you get good reception in say Windsor but as you approach the northen parts of CA by by signal.

Likewise the "Flood light" for Shaw and Bell is Canada. South Florida is going to be iffy. very very iffy,

In addition at least in the US local stations are SPOT Beamed.. What is a SPOT beam

Imagine a stage. upon the stage is painted a map of the United states.. Standing on the spot that represents the roof of your house is the star of the show singing his solo. FOllow spots are spotlighting him.

The other actors are on stage. but in the dark.

Same thing exactly.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should be getting a signal but only from 2 of the 3 satellites.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Same question
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman