cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing RV

GTMADNS
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone lease class a or super c rv’s?? I know it’s common in the auto world. What about rv’s? I’m looking at a 2019 with a sticker price of 239,000. Would be interested in a 3-5 year lease. Anyone have any experience?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Y-Guy
The massive depreciation of an RV makes a lease impractical. From the lender there is to much to lose early in the lease, plus with the track record of many RVs that first year can spend a fair amount of time in the shop.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Branson N Tucson wrote:
They lease Rv's to bands around the Nashville area all the time. Class Ad's not sure about C's
My understanding is those leases are actually set up and guaranteed by the recording label companies and what they lease are tour busses. They aren't leases to the individual bands. Also, the leasing company is a specialty lender that doesn't lease outside of that close knit industry. Also, tour buses are actually quite different normal consumer RVs. We get them in occasionally. They all have professional drivers employed The bands in them often tell how their particular bus was previously used by bands X, Y, And Z before it was assigned to their group. Very different leasing model than a consumer lease.

GTMADNS
Explorer
Explorer
Branson n Tucson do you have name of any of these companies ?

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
They lease Rv's to bands around the Nashville area all the time. Class Ad's not sure about C's

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Short answer; no. Long answer; no. You're going to have to figure out how to buy and pay that 2019 $239,000 coach. Not a lot of fun, I know.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only leasing I can think of are very high end, large rigs leased to organizations or businesses. Examples might be entertainers traveling to different venues over several months, auto racing drivers/teams, politicians during a campaign fro example. The common thread being business related with more time spent moving than stationary as compared to vacation or intermittent use.

I would expect the cost of a lease is going to be incredibly high as compared to a purchase to ensure a reasonable profit for the leasing organization. Besides the depreciation you also have to consider wear and tear to the house side of the rig. The mice type on the contract regarding interior wear is going to be pages long with lots of places for penalties costs.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of it for RVs.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Sure there is a company out my way in SoCal that leases Class A’s so I assume other classes as well. I have encountered two couples that full time in their leased Class A’s. Not sure about the details and I don’t remember the company. What I do remember is that renting was too expensive and credit issues prevented securing a loan to purchase. The company leases you the rv through a process that I don’t understand. Sorry for all the vague points but it’s not an issue I ever looked at, just came across.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure how they work but here goes.

http://dieselrvrentals.com/home/reservations/

http://www.hemphillbrothers.com/

https://www.allstarcoaches.com/rv-rental/prevost-tag-axle-coach/

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't ever heard of RV leasing. For leasing to be a viable option, the projected resale value at the end of the lease has to be high enough to make leasing appreciably cheaper than buying. For RV's, the depreciation, I believe, is MUCH greater than automobiles, so I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough difference in the monthly cost to justify leasing over purchasing.

But I'm just guessing. 🙂

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.