nothing to see here
69 REPLIES 69

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Hey where is the LOVE ???
Good question, but we have no emoticons for a little heart. Bummer. :B This seems to be as good as it gets. ๐Ÿ™‚

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Good question, but we have no emoticons for a little heart. Bummer. :B This seems to be as good as it gets. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
185EZ wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Never have, never will. There always seems to be something else I'd rather do. Taking a beating for example.

thank you for your useless answer
maybe a mod will delete this
My post was my take on "A clean engine is a happy engine". My opinion you might say. Now I'm not sure what your post has to do with the original thought of this thread. But it certainly sounds like you're not a very open-minded person with any amount of interest in what other people think. You come across as a very angry person.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Airstreamer67 wrote:
I've never washed my engines just to keep them pretty; only when I have to work on them and I need to see what I'm doing.

Especially today's engines: putting water on them risks about a million little sensors, any one of which can stop you deader than roadkill in the middle of nowhere.

there aren't a million little sensors on the motor
but you still clean it?

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Never have, never will. There always seems to be something else I'd rather do. Taking a beating for example.

thank you for your useless answer
maybe a mod will delete this

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
1320Fastback wrote:
Had a guy stop me at work today when I was leaving saying his 24valve wouldn't start. One look under the hood I told him a few things to check but there was no way I was working on his truck at the end of the day. It was COVERED in dirt, oil, grease and diesel. I have literally no idea how a engine could get that dirty. I mean every single thing under the hood was covered in dirt grime!

It's called a dumb idea of a "Catch Bottle" that is right on the front of the engine that get's the oil fumes sucked right out of it and then the air is drawn into the front to the radiator and gets all over the engine.

My new to me 01 Sport 2500 Cummins was just that with only 125k.

I gunked the front of the radiator and hosed it off until I had time to do the job right. Pic shows a lot of the crud gone.

I did the "PEAK" catch bottle relocation kit and all stays clean and the engine stays cool. I used hot water from the water heater thru the pressure washer to clean the engine and surrounding areas. I took radiator to a have it properly cleaned and flow tested.

Those with the catch bottle I HIGHLY advise doing the relocate and cleaning the radiator!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Had a guy stop me at work today when I was leaving saying his 24valve wouldn't start. One look under the hood I told him a few things to check but there was no way I was working on his truck at the end of the day. It was COVERED in dirt, oil, grease and diesel. I have literally no idea how a engine could get that dirty. I mean every single thing under the hood was covered in dirt grime!
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
185EZ wrote:
Amazing how sensitive people are about keeping their engine dirty.
The original question was "how many "clean" their engine?"

You've been around long enough to know that topic would get smelly real quick.
Don't get all sanctimonious.

Lol, that's a big word.
I'll be good:)

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone's help

TheBar
Explorer
Explorer
Remember your cylinders are surrounded by the water jacket. The outside wall of the engine is going to be the same temperature as the water. The condition of your radiator, thermostat, and water pump is 10x more important than the cleanliness of the outside of the engine. Keeping the engine cleaned of oil does allow slightly more heat dissipation so it doesn't hurt to keep it clean. But unless your cooling system is maxed out it isn't going to help all at all. IMHO all that high pressure water will corrode electrical connections which is more likely to leave you stranded than an over heated engine. I vote to fix oil leaks then clean, but forget about dust.
Retired factory automation computer programmer
Cabin fever solution: 30' Class C
DW loves it more than I do

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I do clean my engine. But, just with a garden hose and when the engine is cool. I live on a gravel road and in the spring a lot of gravel can get splattered up in the engine bay,

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"And I'm sensitive? LOL"

I'm thinkin so :B

Very sensitive.
You're part of the Clean Team.;)

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
I decided to pressure wash my car today.
No more dirt, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1hPcPFgmVo