Did you mean: 

RAM/Jeep on a roll

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Ram sales are up 44% according to TFL

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/12/rams-november-sales-numbers-soar-sales-report/

Jeep sales up 20% according to USA today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/12/03/december-us-auto-sales/2189608002/

That and the new Jeep Gladiator looks to be a big hit - likely to blunt the release of the Ford ranger a bit.

Time to go fishing in Texas I guess.
36 REPLIES 36

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a good Dealership at least they give a NICE Rental car. Brand new 300 with 4k on it.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our family has had 3 Jeeps. We currently have a 2014 Wrangler JKU and a 2015 Wrangler JK. We previously had a Jeep Cherokee. I've not had any issues with any of the Jeeps. I think part of the reason Jeeps get a bad rap is people abuse them. They are solid vehicles and are great to tow behind a motorhome. They are a bit over priced for what they are but they have a terrific resale value. I've seen people buy new Wranglers and sell them a few years later for what they paid for them.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Sadly Jeeps have one of the worst reliability records.
DDs new Jeep has been sitting for nearly two months waiting for a new transmission.

Correct by our experience. A family member bought a new 2014 Jeep Patriot Trail Rated Package in 2014. Many problems and the Jeep dealership he bought it from was generally inept. At the end of his ownership of this lemon, he took it to a another Jeep dealer, who was excellent and repaired the vehicle well. But by this time he had ..had enough...of Jeep and traded it in on a new Nissan truck. The Nissan...made in Tennessee has been faultless.

LOL you can hardly find any good dealerships now a days and this includes the imports! As for waiting two months to get a trans what trans is it? You can order one off of Mopar Direct and have it shipped in three days. Sounds like some BS to me. Call the dealer or better yet call Mopar get a quote for a new trans and delivery estimate then call Jeep and ask them why the dealer can't get your DD a trans.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
There's lots on the internet about how/why Chrysler continues to have significant sales despite the reliability/quality concerns. Part of it appears to be niche vehicles like Jeeps and monster motor rwd sedans. You can't get those from other makes for anywhere close to the price.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sadly Jeeps have one of the worst reliability records.
DDs new Jeep has been sitting for nearly two months waiting for a new transmission.

Correct by our experience. A family member bought a new 2014 Jeep Patriot Trail Rated Package in 2014. Many problems and the Jeep dealership he bought it from was generally inept. At the end of his ownership of this lemon, he took it to a another Jeep dealer, who was excellent and repaired the vehicle well. But by this time he had ..had enough...of Jeep and traded it in on a new Nissan truck. The Nissan...made in Tennessee has been faultless.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Dad is still driving his first Gen 1991 Cummins, no rust on it but the headliner is falling down.

Don

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 98 my Son has now has 400k with no rust.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Kevin_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
My '02 Ram has close to 400,000 on it now and still basically stock. No rust. I wouldn't look at another brand. When we finally get able to travel more I'll be looking for another one.
Kevin and Beth Todd
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLSA
2019 Ram 3500 Longhorn

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Ram was +14.1 over 2017 Ford GM and Chevy were all in the red. The bigger question is what Ford includes in their F-Series trucks. F-Series goes from f-150 to f-750 so until it is broken down into segments I would hope there numbers are higher than GM and Ram!

BTW what car company is opening a new plant (retooled engine plant) in Detroit? It's not GM or Ford! https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2018/12/06/fiat-chrysler-open-new-assembly...

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
The real shocker is how GM is fading. Ram must be taking those sales.

What do you mean? What is fading? GM Silverado was up 1.4% through September (last public data), excluding cars, they were up nearly 5%.

Please explain!

Yes, Silverado was up 1.4% for the year, but down 14.3 percent for the 3rd quarter. And GMC Sierra was down 1.4% for the year and down 7.1% for the 3rd quarter.

Truck sales

So Ram and GM were both basically flat year over year through the third quarter.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
BB_TX wrote:

What do you mean? What is fading? GM Silverado was up 1.4% through September (last public data), excluding cars, they were up nearly 5%.

Please explain!

Yes, Silverado was up 1.4% for the year, but down 14.3 percent for the 3rd quarter. And GMC Sierra was down 1.4% for the year and down 7.1% for the 3rd quarter.

Truck sales

Maybe retooling an entire factory for the new model and not getting them to dealers lots until end of quarter may have had a little effect.... But most likely not especially in an online forum.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
BB_TX wrote:

Please explain!

Truck sales

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
I am on my 5th RAM and our 4th Jeep... not 1 problem so far other than typical maintenance... I figure I will probably buy 1 more of each and that should just about finish my vehicle buying... I highly recommend both brands, RAM & JEEP...
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:

Please explain!
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS