Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Light On - 1984 Dolphin Acu-Gage Larson batt/tank tester

tamaratrav
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all.

Have a tech question on solving an issue. Just got a classic 84 Toyo Dolphin in August. After a few trips, the bottom "poor/empty" red light on the Acu-Gage battery/tank tester remains on all the time.

How easy is this to fix (and how); are these replaceable units? It's dual branded Dolphin and Acu-Gage. Have photo, but not sure how to post on here.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

tamaratrav
Explorer
Explorer
interestinly, the issue went away just before I took it to the dealer to look at. they didnt see it occur, and it hasnt happened since. Will do your checks as you noted, should it happen again. Thanks!

tamaratrav
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks BFL13! Will check it out. Thanks!

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure there! You do have 12v to the panel somewhere or the red light would not show. On our 1991, I had a busted "momentary"? whatever the word is --rocker switch, so the panel seemed to be broken, but you can buy the switch so that fixed that.

First I would pull the panel out and get at the back where the slider and the push buttons' wires are and see if there is 12v across them individually and clean up contacts as required, buy new parts if available. If no joy, perhaps you can "upgrade" to a 1990s panel that is less complicated. Maybe somebody "parting out" an older RV.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

tamaratrav
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
water tank empty/low ?
battery low ? did you take a voltmeter and check the house battery
propane low ?

this site does not have picture hosting
use this site http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
upload your picture, copy the link it provides
paste that link in your post here

Hi - all the tanks and battery are fine, I have tested nothing; it's just the light always stays on, even when not sliding the "test" switch. thanks for the photo trick.

tamaratrav
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
Which thing is showing red (battery, which tank?, all?)
Why do you think the monitor is wrong?

Hi - I believe the monitor is wrong, since the light remains on all the time. On this model, the indicator lights only come on when sliding the "test" button.

For this model, there are four lights in a column; dual use; labeled for battery on one side and tanks on the other. It's used by sliding the black tab to tanks or batt, then sliding the "test" switch to engage. Separately on this model, there is a black switch for when testing tanks, to select between fresh, grey and black.

Thanks!

MrWizard
water tank empty/low ?
battery low ? did you take a voltmeter and check the house battery
propane low ?

this site does not have picture hosting
use this site http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
upload your picture, copy the link it provides
paste that link in your post here
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which thing is showing red (battery, which tank?, all?)
Why do you think the monitor is wrong?
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.