Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Day @ wagon Wheel OHV

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We spent 5 days in the desert for
Thanksgiving with good friends, some
Good riding and awesome food. Couldn’t have asked for a better week. It definitely went by too fast. The highlight of the trip was my daughter and our friends kids rode with me for 80 miles.

Spangler hill OHV in Mojave desert.

Camp setup

We rode out to Trona Pinnacles from camp, my wife and youngest daughter plus our friends two
Kids in the rzr, me my oldest daughter, my friends daughter and son on the bikes, my buddy in the f350 as a chase truck carrying fuel and
Lunch. The pinnacles are tufa spires that Were at the bottom of a lake a some time ago.

Me and my daughter took a short ride from camp to see the Mines

We also took a ride out to the petroglyphs that are near red mountain. Some of the area is closed to riding so you have to park and walk about a half mile up.

Enjoying the peace in the desert

There’s some mines out here aswell

Two more mine stops

We also made the run to randsburg. It’s a small desert town that everyone rides to, to eat lunch and have desert at The general store or have a cold adult beverage at the joint or at the The White House saloon where kids are welcome in. Before we leave randsburg the kids like to visit the antique shop and pick up a grab bag

Kids going on a sunset ride

Some cool military fly overs that were really low

Movie night under a full moon and warm bon Fire

My riding crew - 3 girls 1 boy

Epic desert sunsets

Stoked to have finished my rock lights and whips before the trip

Somewhere in the desert 🙂

Thanks for reading 🙂
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
28 REPLIES 28

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
mpoulsen wrote:
Yes Deathvalley is a must see at least once in your life, make sure to take time to see and do things such as Racetrack, Artist palate drive and Scotty Castle! (Which is closed till 2020, due to flood from freak rain storm). A friend of mine took a picture of Garlock Rd that Sunday and was backed up for miles, I wish I could figure out how to transfer the picture from my phone to here. You would be amazed!

I was there as a kid, went to Scotty's castle. Might have to wait until 2020 so we can see it, my DW has not been there at all. I've ridden my Dual sport through the western part between Furnace Creek and up over Cerro Gordo.

I've ridden my RZR from Swansea up to the silver mine, over to the salt tram and then to Cerro Gordo. Great ride. Then back. Can't take the road directly from Kelso to Cerro Gordo - as it is street legal only.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
2 weeks ago visited the petroglyphs area you mentioned earlier in this thread. Didn't know about it. Awesome. Didn't have enough time there. Will visit there again this Friday or Saturday for a longer visit. Thanks.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Yes Deathvalley is a must see at least once in your life, make sure to take time to see and do things such as Racetrack, Artist palate drive and Scotty Castle! (Which is closed till 2020, due to flood from freak rain storm). A friend of mine took a picture of Garlock Rd that Sunday and was backed up for miles, I wish I could figure out how to transfer the picture from my phone to here. You would be amazed!

I was there as a kid, went to Scotty's castle. Might have to wait until 2020 so we can see it, my DW has not been there at all. I've ridden my Dual sport through the western part between Furnace Creek and up over Cerro Gordo.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:

Not sure why we Haven’t been there yet. Maybe early January - Mid January.

This is the link to upload photos here
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer

dedmiston
mpoulsen wrote:
Did you get stuck in traffic on Grilock rd Sunday? I heard it was bumper to bumper 2 miles deep?

Garlock Road was smooth sailing for us on Sunday (Thanksgiving weekend). We were clear down at Cuddeback and came up north to Garlock to avoid the traffic at Kramer Junction.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
highjack but been telling the DW we need to go to Death Valley also have a buddy that is CHP in the area.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Death Valley is one of our favorite spot! No off road vehicle allowed, but be happy to show you around, lots to see and history. It's funny people always say "what the ....... would you want to go there for?" Love Death Valley !!!!

I've been visiting Death Valley for the last 40 years off and on. Not sure it's worthy of National Park status, but really close. Last time there, finally made it to the Racetrack.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Death Valley is one of our favorite spot! No off road vehicle allowed, but be happy to show you around, lots to see and history. It's funny people always say "what the ....... would you want to go there for?" Love Death Valley !!!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
Looks like a fun trip. A kind of sad contrast to me just spending the last hour shoveling snow.

Definitely was fun trip, sucks about the snow shoveling.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Hey Ricky, looks like you guys had a good time! We passed by Wagon Wheel going home Saturday from Death Valley that weekend. I waved to you (from the road) but I guess you didn't see me! Lol. Can't wait for New Year out to Cuddlback lake!! Did you get stuck in traffic on Grilock rd Sunday? I heard it was bumper to bumper 2 miles deep?

Saw Debbie’s pics, man your trip looked awesome! You have to shows around DV someday. Fortunately we didn’t get stuck on Garlock. We left around 10 and it was only 10 RVs deep.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a fun trip. A kind of sad contrast to me just spending the last hour shoveling snow.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Ricky, looks like you guys had a good time! We passed by Wagon Wheel going home Saturday from Death Valley that weekend. I waved to you (from the road) but I guess you didn't see me! Lol. Can't wait for New Year out to Cuddlback lake!! Did you get stuck in traffic on Grilock rd Sunday? I heard it was bumper to bumper 2 miles deep?

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:
I saw that truck somewhere were you at the Pinnacles on Saturday

We were there Friday, Saturday at Randburg. You probably seen it driving around the desert, he was following us on all the trails. F350 with a Knapheide bed.