cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which brand tire

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 sprinter, 15 inch rims. The tires on there are Load Rating D. I'd like to go with an E rating. Goodyear Endurance tires were recommended and I'm not sure if there is anything out there that might be better as far as durability and wearability.
35 REPLIES 35

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Endurance was introduced with a GY ad saying that Jayco was moving to this new tire exclusively a couple years ago. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Next to this neighbor is a 2 year old Montana. the day they arrived in Casa Grande new endurance tires were installed. 2 years on the china rags started to scare them.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
Talking to my neighbor and he asked about tires. Finally he said I was scaring him and I said good. Now after we walked to his TT to see what tires he had I was shocked. Good year Endurance E rated tires. Jayco has done what I was not expecting.

Chevman

Thatโ€™s great.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Talking to my neighbor and he asked about tires. Finally he said I was scaring him and I said good. Now after we walked to his TT to see what tires he had I was shocked. Good year Endurance E rated tires. Jayco has done what I was not expecting.

Chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

REM13
Explorer
Explorer
I had Bridgestone 250's on my previous 5th wheel, (30'), and would not hesitate to buy another set for my new unit. I had Goodyear Marathon's, made in China, that came with the unit new before the 250's and had no issues with them after 5 years of use. Rarely had to adjust pressure on the 250's. I would recommend good metal valve stems with a new set of any tires and also a good TPM system for peace of mind.

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:

I have long been a fan for an all steel ply trailer tires. Which provide low rolling resistance, and lots of strength in the carcass.

You have however have down talked them over the years. Why the change in heart now?

I've always disapproved their misapplications. There is a difference.

The way the tire industry works, a vehicle manufacturer usually requests a specific designated size. I'm sure whoever requested that specific tire already made plans to fit it to their vehicles. Others will follow suit. I'd look at RV trailer manufacturers using OEM Greenball tires.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cal, thanks for the info on a HD 15" ST tire, and wheel.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what axle is one going to use these Greenball tires and wheels on. Their rating is beyond a six lug 6K axle. Getting a higher rated axle in a 6 lug hub might be difficult. Is Greenball going to build axles for them rated to 6400 pounds with six lug hubs. We then need to look at the brakes that fix inside a 15" rim and are good for that kind of towed weight.

I have long been a fan for an all steel ply trailer tires. Which provide low rolling resistance, and lots of strength in the carcass.

You have however have down talked them over the years. Why the change in heart now?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
CALandLIN wrote:
Sometimes RV trailer manufacturerโ€™s (especially Keystone) build tandem axle trailers with very little spacing between the axles. Often so close, larger diameter tires cannot safely be used as replacements.

In this case there is a new 15โ€ steel cased ST tire on the market. Itโ€™s the ST225/75R15 LRF. It has a load capacity of 3195# at 95 PSI. Its physical dimensions are the same as the OPs OE tires.

Who makes a wheel that is rated for a LRF 15" tire? Oh, yeah those new 8 lug 15" wheels. 2830 seems to be the highest rated 15" trailer wheel. Steel wheels are even less at 2600. Source Tredit, a major trailer tire and wheel supplier. Chris

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
GY Endurance for 15" wheels, because Sailun doesn't have that size.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I was just presenting information on the tire. I got that information from an OEM provider who I'm sure has wheels and valve stems up to the task of mounting the tire safely.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
CALandLIN wrote:

In this case there is a new 15โ€ steel cased ST tire on the market. Itโ€™s the ST225/75R15 LRF. It has a load capacity of 3195# at 95 PSI. Its physical dimensions are the same as the OPs OE tires.

I wonder if the wheel manufacturers have caught up with that? Because as it is now, approximately zero percent of 15" wheel equipped trailers could handle that. I'm not one who is too worried about putting an E tire on a D wheel, but even I would not put an F tire on a D wheel.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
laknox wrote:
guidry wrote:
Another vote for G rated tires. Less chance of a blowout.

Why would the OP want G tires on a rig that's placarded for =D= tires? :h

Lyle

Maybe because people don't read before replying. Happens in every tire thread.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver