cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Los mochis RV park

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have been in communication with a Mexican man who lives in Vancouver, His father owns land north of Los Mochis and is thinking of putting in an RV park. For those who have driven 15D, you may remember a toll booth between Los Mochis & El Carrizo, followed by a hill northbound. The location is just north of that toll booth 1/2 km off 15D. He will be putting in water, power and at least a sani dump.

Would people use this instead of boondocking at a Pemex?

I hope to check the site out myself northbound in March and we currently have 2 sets of wagon masters heading north in late December to pick up caravans, so I will also have the check out what is there and maybe use it if the parking is available even without services at this point.
43 REPLIES 43

Alison_and_Neil
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there 2 nights ago
A lot of of truck noise all night
$200 pesos for dry camping a little pricey
Parking area is real dusty

Think I will stick to Smartgas south of Los Mochis
Convenient Gas Station, Subway and Restaurant even though it is a dust bowl also

Talleyho69
Sounds like it already beats the local Pemex.....

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
He is busy digging a sewer line & installing water. power is next and he is putting in laundry facilities.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I will be in there with a small caravan on tuesday. We took a 14 rig airstream caravan in there in january.

SheriffJoe
Explorer
Explorer
Any updates on this spot?

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
Anything new on this Paul?
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I will have a lot more info in week or 2 when my partner and the airstream caravan wagon master meets with him. If we bring 15 rigs in there around the 20th that will probably encourage him.

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
To add to my post of 30 Nov. we both have CPAPs and she has an 02 concentrator to run at night. I only used Celestino Gaska as an example. Many RV parks we stayed at or checked out in Mexico only had 15-20 amp plugs which is just fine for us. We don't boondock and staying in a Pemex/truck stop is not acceptable, nor is buying a generator for use one or two nights a year. We wouldn't need water or sewer hookups although a sewer dump on the property along with a water spigot available would be nice for some.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

Talleyho69
We so agree with you on value for the dollar.

Would you please repost this under a heading like "El Jito" in Low Mochis? We would use this location in a heartbeat!!! Thanks

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this on ioverlander and someone stayed there and wrote the following report. I used the name Ruiz ranch as that is the last name of the owners son, but in Mexico it is often the mothers name that passes on, hence the discrepency

Just to clarify a few things since the previous post was purely informational. Not sure why location is called RuizRanch. I chatted at length with the owner who speaks good English and whose name is Adrian Felix Gutierez, but he likes to go by Yani Felix. He showed me the sign he had painted with the name of the RV park: El Jรญto. He was very gracious and friendly and willing to help us any way he could. The campground was made up of both an outer fence and an inner fence. Heโ€™s created two separate camping compounds: a fenced outside compound intended for larger rigs, and an electrified fence (ยกNo toques la valla, seรฑor!) inside compound for smaller rigs. We stayed in the inner compound, which is also Yaniโ€™s farm, full of ducks and geese, pigs, and other farm animals. He has fruit trees all around. All the information in the previous post (see pdf link in website address) is accurate. There is no WiFi or amenities of any kind, unless you count the lime trees and electrified fence. We didnโ€™t need any water, but he would have probably given us some if we asked. Yani says services will come maybe one month, maybe two. He proudly showed us around the farm, including the paplapa he had built for future RVers. The fenced campground on the right is easy to miss, but as we were driving slowly, we noticed a seรฑora waving at us. Our price for one night was ten American dollars, certainly pricey for no services, but Yaniโ€™s hospitality and a good nightโ€™s sleep was worth it.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know, think it is fenced, he is already accepting RV's. There is a federal police station 300 ft away.

Boise_John
Explorer
Explorer
Are they going to have a guard at night? It looks to be very close to the highway and easy pickings.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
This is good news for travelers like we were. As retired folks we were in no rush. From San Carlos to Los Moches, was about the distance we wanted to make in a day. Perfect. If there are others like us, it will bode well. It also yields an opportunity to take the train from sea level to over 7,000 feet in 8 or 9 hours, with its dozens of tunnels, who said Mexico cannot build things? Oh, and when we traveled to El Fuerte, the roadway east from Los Moches was under reconstruction, nearly the whole way. It must be a very good road now, but back then we stumbled some. Coming off a dirt road through the tiny town called San Blas (no not that one) we saw a paved road ahead, and took it. There was an immediate right turn and the railway overpass. I believe a sign said clearance was 3.4 metros and I knew how tall we were in feet, but not metres, so I chanced it, with barely enough time to stop anyway. We heard a crunch - and did stop, backed out and stopped beside the police station, climbed up to see our AC was the casualty, taped it with duct tape as onlookers watched from the sidelines. No signs were to be seen of course. A caring local lead us to the real exit, farther back. Driving into the American's RV park were five rigs, three of them had roof damage, including my brother's. In fact, he had driven right under, which forced the roof down about an inch where he touched. If we had stopped to check our Pocketmail emails (it was 2004) we would have read the warning put there by our sister in Law! The insurance adjuster made yet another trip to see us, after we were back from Creel.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
OK, this place is now available. He hopes to have some services in by January, but dry camping is currently available. You can download an info sheet at https://www.mexicorvbuddies.com/LosMochisRV.pdf