cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot/Northern Lite generator storage

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if an EU2000 or two will fit in the generator or other compartment (just for storage) of a mid-2000s Bigfoot or Northern Lite 10-footer?
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.
14 REPLIES 14

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
bigfootgrey wrote:
Our eu2000i fits in the driverโ€™s side rear outside compartment but we had to remove the interior light for it to fit. We store a Weber Q grill in the generator compartment,never tried the Honda there. I believe Northern Lite gen compartment will hold a eu2000i

Bob

Note that you can only store the Honda in the Bigfoot 10.4 storage compartment at the driver-side rear as this compartment isn't set up for a generator. It has no wiring, heat protection, or venting for a generator. The compartment designed for a generator on the Bigfoot 10.4 is on the passenger-side rear but isn't tall enough for a Honda.

I better go remove my Honda generator then.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
bigfootgrey wrote:
Our eu2000i fits in the driverโ€™s side rear outside compartment but we had to remove the interior light for it to fit. We store a Weber Q grill in the generator compartment,never tried the Honda there. I believe Northern Lite gen compartment will hold a eu2000i

Bob

Note that you can only store the Honda in the Bigfoot 10.4 storage compartment at the driver-side rear as this compartment isn't set up for a generator. It has no wiring, heat protection, or venting for a generator. The compartment designed for a generator on the Bigfoot 10.4 is on the passenger-side rear but isn't tall enough for a Honda.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
I stumbled on my own old thread... to wrap it up, you can by my sIg that I went and did it, got a Northern Lite 10-2 EXCD SE.
I love the camper even though it needs a whole bunch of little things improved, like all of โ€˜em do.
Mostly the jacks. Itโ€™s got the wireless-remote electric jacks, but I really, really miss my Stable-Lift.
At some point the Stable-Lift is gonna go on the new one. Itโ€™s a total game-changer.

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Z-Peller wrote:

Bigfoot 10.4 drivers side upper storage compartment now has a bulkhead back to back with an inside drawer under settee on other side of it. Compartment is not deep enough for my Honda 2000 to fit.
I don't know if the newer Weber Q 1200 with temp gauge has a more domed lid than older ones, but mine will not fit in generator compartment. It is about an inch too tall and cannot be jimmied in no how. Could take lid off and set it in afterwards but that would be a pain.
Honda 2000 too tall for generator compartment unless stored tipped a bit. Would need to be propped in that position somehow.
I had an enclosed aluminum hitch cargo box built and carry Weber Q,, Campfire in a Can, 11lb propane bottle, and 2.5 gal gas can in it. Honda 2000 goes behind xcab truck seat in Rubbermaid tub.

I noticed Bigfoot changed the generator and battery box locations on the newer 10.4โ€™s but did not see the drivers side compartment change. You are right about the Weber grill being more domed! Sometimes they should leave well enough alone...

Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer

Bigfoot 10.4 drivers side upper storage compartment now has a bulkhead back to back with an inside drawer under settee on other side of it. Compartment is not deep enough for my Honda 2000 to fit.
I don't know if the newer Weber Q 1200 with temp gauge has a more domed lid than older ones, but mine will not fit in generator compartment. It is about an inch too tall and cannot be jimmied in no how. Could take lid off and set it in afterwards but that would be a pain.
Honda 2000 too tall for generator compartment unless stored tipped a bit. Would need to be propped in that position somehow.
I had an enclosed aluminum hitch cargo box built and carry Weber Q,, Campfire in a Can, 11lb propane bottle, and 2.5 gal gas can in it. Honda 2000 goes behind xcab truck seat in Rubbermaid tub.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
My old Vacationeer has about had it, and Iโ€™m considering spending more money than I ever intended to on a nice Bigfoot or Northern Lite.

There goes your Hawaii fund..:B

Iโ€™m doing this with โ€œfound moneyโ€... I have a storage unit I could clear out and quit paying for, and a boat I could move out of a paid storage to my own lot.
That right there makes the payments on something I will actually use!

The Vacationeer 11.5 was a nice rig, one piece metal roof, lots of storage, itโ€™s all โ€œglamper camperโ€-ed out, but.... its always been in the wet PNW, and itโ€™s an โ€˜87...1987! The frame has just plain had it.
Iโ€™m unwilling to even look at anything but a clamshell NL or BF.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you thought about doing something like Reddog1 did? That is, store it on your ladder.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27249392/print/true.cfm

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
My old Vacationeer has about had it, and Iโ€™m considering spending more money than I ever intended to on a nice Bigfoot or Northern Lite.

There goes your Hawaii fund..:B
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the Pacific Northwest which is why I like to go to hot places lol.
Itโ€™s also why Iโ€™m drawn to the most water-resistant camper.

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 NL 10-2 CD SE. Honda 2000 will not fit in the rear storage compartment which is why I never bought one. Added lots of solar and better batteries instead. I Have never felt a need for a generator even though I almost always boondock. But then I live in the Pacific Northwest and try to avoid the hot places. I like to tour the Southwest but only before or after the summer months.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I have a welded shelf under the storage lid. My Honda 2000 sits on the shelf stapped down and I put a bicycle cable to lock it. It travels well, stays there for use and I can still open the storage door enough when needed.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks. My old Vacationeer has about had it, and Iโ€™m considering spending more money than I ever intended to on a nice Bigfoot or Northern Lite.
And Iโ€™m tired of hauling my Honda in and out, Iโ€™d like to solve that at the same time!

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link I saved when looking for a Northern Lite TC that never happened,yet!

Northern Lite TC Gen storage
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04