cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sailun Tires on Sale

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
For anyone thinking about upgrading, it looks like Simple Tire has Sailuns on sale today for 10% off. I have no affiliation with Simple Tire or Sailun.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
34 REPLIES 34

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
soje wrote:
Are the Sailun tires made with slave labor like so many Chinese products?
Personally, I am pleased with Michelin and BFG tires.
Just my opinion and this is America where we free.

"Humorous" - or "Ignorance" ??

Michelin has two mfg facilities in (mainland) China - as they do in
many other countries.

Visit same - and see middle class Chinese driving Benz(s) - maybe they
are the slave "masters", ROTFLMAO.

"This is America where we free"...:?

I may be easy, but I'm not free!..:W

~

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
I was by a NTB in Houston checking on the G rated Sailun tires for my trailer. They showed no price and when they called the warehouse to check on them, they said all of the Sailun tires had been returned to the distributor....no reason why. Could thsi be a quality issue or possible the trade tariffs with China.

In any case, I guess, I'll forgo looking farther for Sailun tires.

Ken

Sure glad I got at least one good set out of them :B

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
I was by a NTB in Houston checking on the G rated Sailun tires for my trailer. They showed no price and when they called the warehouse to check on them, they said all of the Sailun tires had been returned to the distributor....no reason why. Could thsi be a quality issue or possible the trade tariffs with China.

Ken
Simple tire has them on their web page, just search for Sailun, then pick the S637 from the list on the right side of the list, left side has the 16's, right side list the 17.5 and others.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
soje wrote:
Absolutely, in fact you get pictures of the slave quarters when you buy a tire. If you buy 4 tires you get get a picture of the slaves and their families. If you buy 6 tires you get all of that plus a tuft of hair from the slave that made your tires.

Haven't gotten my pictures yet. I'm pissed.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
soje wrote:

GY makes E, G and H rated tires right here in the USA all with great track records.

YES GY "G" tires had issues around 12 years ago but since have a great record.

YES the Sailun tires have a good record also and YES they cost less. I personally buy US MADE GY's for my trailer tires and US Made Michelins for my truck.

GY will replace defective tires and WILL take care of any damaged caused if it's not from road hazard.

Free Country, but don't cry when a Foreign Company takes your job.

Bring it on, oh you use a Chinese made phone, do I have a choice??? Apple will be making phones here and that is what I will buy.

I have bout literally over 10k worth of US Made Bose products, could have bought Chinese.

OH your truck is assembled in Mexico, yup but it's mostly assembled with US components. RAM will be moving back to the US with the new 5th gen trucks. My alternative??? OH yea Ford is Assembled in the US with a Mexican MADE diesel engine.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
soje wrote:
Absolutely, in fact you get pictures of the slave quarters when you buy a tire. If you buy 4 tires you get get a picture of the slaves and their families. If you buy 6 tires you get all of that plus a tuft of hair from the slave that made your tires.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin nor Bridgestone makes a 16" load G tire @ 4080-4400 lbs capacity ....apples vs oranges.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

soje
Explorer
Explorer

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
marathon that came with the trailer. never no may have run over something. I seen it start to smoke and pulled over just before it blew apart. I always check the tires when I pull over so I think I may have had a flat for a bit then notice the smoke. No damaged but changed brand anyway .Went to 110 psi tire

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
lee worsdell wrote:
Ya I had goodyear blow out on me so switched to sailun never look back.

Which model Goodyear?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about the Sailun. You've had good luck with Michelin, I, and many, many other have had good luck with Sailun. So I think you're in the minority on this one.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
parkmanaa wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

"Finally, after at least 6 years, we've had a Sailun tire failure. I think that's a pretty good indication they are pretty darned good tires. I know I'll buy another set when the time comes."

Not knowing what caused the failure, it is hard to make a good comment, however if it was any kind of separation problem I wouldn't think 6 years was so good.

Have used Michelins since they introduced their radial tires in the
USA (40 years ??) and have had one failure. It was back when 2 liter soda was still in glass bottles. Someone had left a broken bottle on grocery store parking lot, my wife hit it and ripped the sidewall out of front passenger car tire.
No other failure, and have used them on practically every type of vehicle.

You misunderstood what he said, its the first time he has heard of a Sailun tire failure in the six years he has been involved with them, it was not a tire he had that failed.

I reported a Sailun S637 tire failure on here that I read about on the Montana Owners Forum. First I have read about, and apparently the first we have heard of . This is what Fj12ryder was referring too .