cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitchen faucet MH not working.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Our new to us MH kitchen faucet works part of the time but doesn't much of the time. I removed the faucet it is a single handle with a sprayer. When I say it doesn't work I mean nothing comes out of it no matter the position of the handle. I tried blowing air through it and sure enough no matter the position of the handle nothing comes out the spout. I took it apart thinking something has it plugged but I found nothing. I can blow air through each of the individual parts but when it is re-assembled nothing gets through. It is clean inside and I have taken apart the cartridge nothing is in it. It doesn't leak it just doesn't work.

I have got it to work a few times on the 3 trips we have taken. I have a theory and I think it has something to do with the sprayer that I doubt is factory in fact I don't think this faucet is the original faucet and I believe it is a cheap Glacier Bay sold at HD. The reason I don't think it is factory is there is a soap dispenser in one of the drawers that I believe was once in the hole the sprayer now occupies. I think that when there is air in the lines the 12 volt pump doesn't have enough pressure to unseat the sprayer plunger or something along those lines.

My wife likes the sprayer hose so I need to get something to replace this that works and has a sprayer.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
16 REPLIES 16

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gundog wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:
Hi. BK here. Mine didn’t come with a sprayer so it’s probably been replaced.
The OEM faucet is/was terrible. I still have mine but it has always leaked when on.

You can inspect the flex hoses by taking the panel to the right of the fridge off.

I must have a different floor plan because my frig is on the other side of the MH. I suspected they had changed out the faucet the one they installed seems to be low quality. I think I will replace it with a better brand. Did yours come with a soap dispenser? I found one in the fold out drawer in front of the sink the type that mounts in the sink where they put the sprayer.

Yes mine came with a soap dispenser. That’s where they put in the sprayer I’ll bet.
I’m guessin you have the same Corion sink covers mine have that have to fit around the faucet. I was going to replace mine but could never find one that fit the covers and didn’t want to deal with routing out the covers.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a faucet with a separate spray attachment. When you pulled the sprayer out the faucet shut off. This may be similar to yours. Best bet is to do what I did, replaced the faucet with the sprayer inside the faucet, called a pull out sprayer. Then that extra hole can be used for the dish soap dispenser. Best advice I can give is to buy a decent faucet, don't go cheap. The GB from HD is just that...cheap....Dennis

Here is the one I used....D
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
The OEM faucet is/was terrible. I still have mine but it has always leaked when on.

You can inspect the flex hoses by taking the panel to the right of the fridge off.

I must have a different floor plan because my frig is on the other side of the MH. I suspected they had changed out the faucet the one they installed seems to be low quality. I think I will replace it with a better brand. Did yours come with a soap dispenser? I found one in the fold out drawer in front of the sink the type that mounts in the sink where they put the sprayer.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gundog wrote:
Yes the kitchen is in one of the slides I will have to check for a kink but I can see the antifreeze in the lines up to the faucet (it has been winterized). I have removed the faucet from the MH took it apart and blew it out with compressed air disassembled it blew all the parts out with air nothing changed when I re-assembled it. I can't blow air through it when it is assembled but I can blow air through each part when it is not assembled. There is a little plunger valve for the sprayer I took it out also and blew it out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I plan to replace it with another faucet I think the problem is in the valve that allows the sprayer to work and yes it is separate and not one that pulls out from the end of the spout. I have not tried it on city water because I winterized it already I removed the faucet thinking I could just clear a clog.

Does the pull out spray spray well but the main faucet not? If so, it's the valve or the aerator but it sounds like you removed the aerator already. If it's an issue with both and you don't have any kinked lines I would suspect you need a new fixture.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
oldave wrote:
My faucet was so hard to remove I didn't even consider repairing it .
If you want to have a soap dispenser in the 3rd hole just buy a faucet
that the sprayer pulls own from the spout , that should work ok .

Luckily mine is easy to get out and it can all be done by hand no tools.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
My faucet was so hard to remove I didn't even consider repairing it .
If you want to have a soap dispenser in the 3rd hole just buy a faucet
that the sprayer pulls own from the spout , that should work ok .

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the kitchen is in one of the slides I will have to check for a kink but I can see the antifreeze in the lines up to the faucet (it has been winterized). I have removed the faucet from the MH took it apart and blew it out with compressed air disassembled it blew all the parts out with air nothing changed when I re-assembled it. I can't blow air through it when it is assembled but I can blow air through each part when it is not assembled. There is a little plunger valve for the sprayer I took it out also and blew it out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I plan to replace it with another faucet I think the problem is in the valve that allows the sprayer to work and yes it is separate and not one that pulls out from the end of the spout. I have not tried it on city water because I winterized it already I removed the faucet thinking I could just clear a clog.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You said it has a sprayer. Is this a second device next to ther "Arm" or does the head pull out and turn into a sprayer..

Version one.. Can't help you much as I've never had THAT problem but would suggest disassembling and inspecting diverter valve in base of faucet.

Metiod 2. In the base of the pull out part (Where the hose attaches) is a check valve. it can clog.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
2nd on the faucet aerator. We have to clean ours out every year.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gundog wrote:
Our new to us MH kitchen faucet works part of the time but doesn't much of the time. I removed the faucet it is a single handle with a sprayer. When I say it doesn't work I mean nothing comes out of it no matter the position of the handle. I tried blowing air through it and sure enough no matter the position of the handle nothing comes out the spout. I took it apart thinking something has it plugged but I found nothing. I can blow air through each of the individual parts but when it is re-assembled nothing gets through. It is clean inside and I have taken apart the cartridge nothing is in it. It doesn't leak it just doesn't work.

I have got it to work a few times on the 3 trips we have taken. I have a theory and I think it has something to do with the sprayer that I doubt is factory in fact I don't think this faucet is the original faucet and I believe it is a cheap Glacier Bay sold at HD. The reason I don't think it is factory is there is a soap dispenser in one of the drawers that I believe was once in the hole the sprayer now occupies. I think that when there is air in the lines the 12 volt pump doesn't have enough pressure to unseat the sprayer plunger or something along those lines.

My wife likes the sprayer hose so I need to get something to replace this that works and has a sprayer.

You should be able to reach the underside of the faucet and disconnect the hot and cold water lines (shut off the water first). You can then turn on the water (hopefully, one at a time) to see if you have good water flow. If you do then go to Home Depot / Lowes and get a new one. If you don't then you are going to have to work your way back to find a crimp or a clog.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
Is your kitchen on the slide-out? If so, it has flexible hose from the faucet to the water connection. Possibly crimped?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Get something to replace it that works and has a sprayer. A new one, not a 'new to us' one.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Have a cheap faucet in my garage sink that has a sprayer. The sprayer does not work. I really dont care, so it is there. Go to your favorite big box store and buy a decent faucet and install it.