cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

snowbirding in texas

illinois_mark
Explorer
Explorer
looking for suggestions for warm Texas 2020 . I'm thinking of Galveston island for 2 weeks. Any idea's for 2 weeks farther west? We like State Parks or smaller private parks near water is a plus. Will be heading to Mesa,Az. after that.Thanks for the help
10 REPLIES 10

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Check the weather maps. The only part of Texas that usually gets shirt sleeve weather is the Rio Grande Valley area at the southern tip. Mission to South Padre Island. Example; At this hour, the temperature in the Hill Country is 53 F and 70 F in MaCallen, Texas. Take your pick.

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
What about Garner State Park We haven't been there but plan on going this spring. They suggest reservations in the summer. We are also going to Big Bend National Park and plan to spend a couple of weeks there.
Two weeks in Big Bend is an ETERNITY.
Paul & Margie

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
olfarmer wrote:
We stayed at Goose Island State Park a few years ago, right on the water. The hurricane damaged it badly since then but I think it is open again. We really liked it there. Mustang Island is nice also.

X2 on Goose Island. The โ€œbeachโ€ is packed coral sand behind a retaining wall. Even a big rig can park close enough to fish from your doorway without fear of getting stuck. W/E only though.
Larry

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Depends when you're going. I love Hill Country but for me it isn't a winter destination. If I'm going to go that far, I want to be in shirt sleeves. Think South Padre Island. Really enjoyed Big Bend too but again, not a winter destination.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Goose Island State Park a few years ago, right on the water. The hurricane damaged it badly since then but I think it is open again. We really liked it there. Mustang Island is nice also.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Big Bend. Donโ€™t miss it while you are coming on to Mesa.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
illinois mark wrote:
looking for suggestions for warm Texas 2020 . I'm thinking of Galveston island for 2 weeks. Any idea's for 2 weeks farther west? We like State Parks or smaller private parks near water is a plus. Will be heading to Mesa,Az. after that.Thanks for the help

Quintana Beach County Park

Matagorda Bay Nature Park
Larry

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
illinois mark wrote:
...I'm thinking of Galveston island for 2 weeks. Any idea's for 2 weeks farther west? โ€ฆ

Hill Country would be the top of my list. Search this forum and you'll get a ton of hits. Fredericksburg is the goto place for newbie's until they get their bearings.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
South Padre Island.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
What about Garner State Park We haven't been there but plan on going this spring. They suggest reservations in the summer. We are also going to Big Bend National Park and plan to spend a couple of weeks there.