cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LCI Schwintek Slim Rack Troubleshooting

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening everyone, we have a 2017 Jayco Seismic 4113 with a large Schwintek slim rack slide out that will not retract. I have an appointment in early December for some other issues and this one just popped up. I have been reading the manual and before trying to pull the motors and bring it in manually (which looks like a real pain) I wanted to try some other things.
The controller is a 366701 and shows a 1 green, 4 red error message, motor 1. I can hear the rear motor running and see the slide move some on that side.
If I switch the motor 1 and 2 harnesses the fault light changes to show motor 2, 2 green and 4 red. However I still see and hear the rear motor running and the side moving.
I am thinking the controller may be bad but not sure if I have actually proven that or of it could still be the motor or harness.
I wanted to swap the controller with the smaller bedroom slide controller but it is completely different (13398-D0).
Any thoughts?

On Edit I was running off the generator and batteries are new, so it is not a lack of power issue.
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
What you do is, Contac both Jayco and your dealer. Find out if there is a Mobile Service available in your area. MAKE SURE THE MOBILE SERVICE UNDERSTANDS SCHWINTEK SYSTEMS. If they do NOT, they will screw it up. I just got thru with a Jayco under warranty where the IDIOT mobile service tech removed the slide rack system to get the room in, then when pushing it in destroyed the Lino floor which also had to be replaced. You will probably have to pay the Mobile service, but you will get reimbursed by either Jayco or your dealer, once they submit a claim to Jayco. In Texas, we have a peculiar state law where Jayco or any OEM cannot pay a Mobile service direct, but either the dealer or the Customer pays for the mobile service and we get the customer reimbursed, once Jayco authorizes the claim. Usually within 30 days or less. Other states Jayco may be able to pay the Mobile service direct. Have you gone to LCI1.com to read your service manual for your system> It shows how to access and remove the motors. Doug

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Slideouts/CCD_0001459.pdf

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug. You are correct I am not at all knowledgeable about the Jayco install and I am still under warranty, but I have to get it closed to get to the dealer.
The slide is currently out. There is trim and a rubber sweep along the sides. I assume this has to be removed. I can see the spring and motor by pulling the rubber away but there does not look to be enough space to get the motor out.
The trim is in pace with a column of screws that look like torx (I guess they could be no 2 square bit) along the trim. There are 16 on the short side along with 4 phillips head screws spaced along it but they are about half inch closer in. A couple of the screws are broken from the last time it was worked on, I did not notice until much later.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
reppoc12 wrote:
Many thanks to all I appreciate the help. I read that part about emergency jog mode and tried pressing it multiple times with no success. As suggested it looks like I will need to pull the motors. Looking at the trim I need to remove to get in there concerns me as all the "star" screws look stripped. Well, I spent today working on installing an auxiliary fuel tank in the truck, so back to the slide tomorrow.

Thanks,Rob

Your comment about the stripped screws shows you are not knowledgable about the Jayco install. You have a 2 year warranty. Is the unit out of warranty? The screws are unscrewed and screwed in with a No. 2 square bit. The screws do not look like square bit screws but the No. 2 will engage and unscrew. There should be NO such screws to remove to disconnect the Schwintek system motors. Doug(Jayco dealer Technician)

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks to all I appreciate the help. I read that part about emergency jog mode and tried pressing it multiple times with no success. As suggested it looks like I will need to pull the motors. Looking at the trim I need to remove to get in there concerns me as all the "star" screws look stripped. Well, I spent today working on installing an auxiliary fuel tank in the truck, so back to the slide tomorrow.

Thanks,Rob

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have the Slim Rack system which uses a completely different system than the standard Schwintek system. Also, you have a Jayco, and Jayco does NOT use the normal wall switch that has a override capability. It is just a extend and retract switch. You will have to remove the motors and on this system it is a lot easier than the othe Schwintek system. Hopefully you have the older system which uses a spring to hold the motor in place. You pop the spring off and you lift the motor up and out and disconnect from the harness. The newer have a mount screw, but still accessable. From your description (4 red flashes) you have either a bad motor or the 2 motor wires are shorted or dead. So, even if you could override, you cannot due to a motor fault. Below is from the service manual. But, since you have a motor fault, it cannot do what is stated below. Doug

: For major faults, the controller will automatically enter "Emergency Jog" mode when motor movement is not detected by the controller in either direction during slide-out room activation. When in "Emergency Jog" mode, the controller will jog both motors in the direction the rocker switch is pressed (IN or OUT). The rocker switch may need to be pressed multiple times to fully retract or extend the slide-out room. Take the unit to an OEM-authorized dealer for service.

Hurricaner
Explorer
Explorer
You still have a motor or harness problem. If it was the controller the front motor would be working when you reversed the connections. Pull the front inside cover, there are several screws but it does not take long with a drill. On mine the motor connector came unplugged, easy fix. If that is not the problem you will have to release the motor to get the slide in which is explained in the manual. You will never get that slide in without releasing the motor.

Sam
Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look up your error codes?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
I thought I read in the manual you could press the button like 6 times or something like that and a light would come on which would let the motors operate directly bypassing the controller.

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, but I can't get it far enough to re-time. Only the rear motor is moving the slide.