cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pepwave Max BR1 Power Hook Up

zoostory
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if this is a noob question. I'm learning a lot, fast!

Is there a way to hookup my pepwave router to my RV's DC power or batteries so that it stays on when I unplug the shoreline? I don't want to have to turn on the generator while driving just to keep internet going!

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using a BR-1 since 2015, constantly on 12v power.

I installed it in a back closet and grabbed power from a 12v light fixture in the closet, just plugged it in, positive is on the pin. If need be, you can install a 12v outlet somewhere and plug it in there.
-jbh-

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does the router have a "power brick" or "Wall Wart" if so look at the spect. output 12-14 volt DC you may be lucky. 15 volt AC (some devices use that) NO JOY. Some of my LAN hardware works well with battery power but off hand I don't know what since I have an inverter.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the back of your Pepwave Max BR1 router. It says 10-32 volt DC input. It will run directly off of your batteries

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Literally the first result on Google is a automotive DC power adapter. Is that not sufficient?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
The quickest and most likely the safest way is to use a small DC to AC Inverter.

A inverter takes 12V DC battery and converts it to 120V AC power.

Less safe (and hence dangerous to the device) follow information below..

IF your device uses a separate "power supply" which plugs into 120V wall outlet AND it has a plug in to the device you MIGHT, be able to connect the device to a 12V DC source directly provided it is marked 12V DC..

Your devices power supply might be 12V, if so, it might be possible to rig up a power cord with a cig light plug on one end and the matching DC plug to the device.

If your device is marked 5V DC, then you might be able to use a 12V to 5V USB charger as a way to connect your device.

This however can damage your device IF you miswire the polarity OR the device is extremely sensitive to overvoltage (12V computer type items tend to MEAN 12V as in 11.9V-12.1V and not 13V-15V you get from an automobile battery system)..

If you are not adventurous or willing to potentially sacrifice your device then going the inverter route may be best for you.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Year/make/model of RV would help. If the router requires AC power, you could get an inverter and connect it to the coach batteries by any number of methods. An inverter takes 12VDC power in and puts out 120VAC.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Whatโ€™s the amp draw?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad