cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

? on Huntington Bch State Park in SC

LIGirlatheart
Explorer
Explorer
Would anyone be able to tell me if you are in the South Area if your in a site that backs the beach area are you able to see the Ocean/waterview?
7 REPLIES 7

charming
Explorer
Explorer
I have to go down and check out the new area. We have not been since the new section (which I believe is a very old section revamped) opened. We tried to go last spring and could not get a reservation. They have also changed their rules and now allow extended stays for a couple of months in the winter.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice park, we were there last week. The new section is closer to the beach but you can't see the beach from the camper.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
No
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice park, one of our favorites. Brand new section with all FHU. Older section has many well shaded sites and some FHU. Close to great seafood, not as much choice in the off season. Excellent golf if you play, Brookgreen Gardens is a good way to spend an afternoon (just across the street). Plenty of walking opportunities as well as biking. Personally I think Atalaya is a bit overblown as an attraction but you may like the tour.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We camped there over Christmas a few years ago. No ocean view from sites but it's a short walk to the beach.We had a site with water and electric in the woods.We were very isolated. Take advantage of their nature programs.Make sure you see Atalaya,the home where the Huntington's lived. Also check out Druken Jack's in Murrel's Inlet for good food and drinks.

LIGirlatheart
Explorer
Explorer
So it won't matter what side your on there would be no waterview. So how is that park? Have you camped there? I have friends that live in the area and hoping the campsite is nice since its a State Park.

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
There is about 100 or more yard separation from the campground to the beach with dunes as well. I don't believe any of those sites have an ocean view.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke