cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grayton Beach SP Closed

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations starting in Mid January at Grayton Beach State Park. According to their website the campgrounds are still closed. It looks as though Topsail (our next stop) is back open.

Does anyone on here have any info about the re-opening of Grayton beach? I am thinking that they must be thinking that they will be back up by January or they would have refunded our money by now. We have friends who had a reservation at St Joe and they were refunded their fees.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch
7 REPLIES 7

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
That is good to hear. A lot of people have been displaced by the storm. The area that the storm came though will never be the same

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We received a reply from the park via email. Grayton Beach will be back to normal Dec1,2018. They have been closed to allow displaced residents to have a spot while they get their life back together.
So our reservation(s) are still good.
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
I would call the park the web site a lot of times is not up to date

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Agree the Old Loop was supposed to be closed indefinitely during the remodeling. All reservations for the Old Loop were shut down. If you have a reservation it's probably in the new loop. And I bet after you call this will be confirmed. But please let us all know. Thanks.

UPDATE:THIS IS WHAT THE FL SP GBSP SITE HAS TO SAY TODAY

STORM UPDATE - CAMPGROUND CLOSURES
The campgrounds are currently closed due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael. The park remains open for day-use activities, however certain areas may be closed for safety concerns.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that the old loop is the one that is closed. I know that the full hookup loop is open. I talked to the rangers in person about a month ago and they said the old loop which is just electric and water was closed because they are doing some work on it. It would be best to call them to ensure that your site is open.

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We did send an email via the website, if we donโ€™t here from them by Monday I will call. Thanks for the number.
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the source for best info.....
Grayton Beach SP..............................Phone: (850) 267-8300
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax