cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One Thing For Sure. I Do Not Miss This...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Zip-zip-zip of tire chains. Sticky snow shovels. Rotary snow blowers. Windshield ice scrapers. Six layers of clothing. Muddy footprints. Buying cords of firewood. First snow -- four days after Christmas. Slope dopes.

16 REPLIES 16

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Low forties is not my cup of tea for temperatures at dawn. And winter is a month away.

In Las Penas people shiver near Easter when dawn temps slump into the high sixties.

Lessee, down here during summer afternoons, people seek shade. Up there when fingers and toes freeze and teeth chatter where does a person find relief?

INDOORS

No thanks.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
We are here on the beach of Morro Bay Calif. been in mid 70's all week.
I do miss the warm water of Lo De Marcos!
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
My malamutt passed away before I returned to the tropics.

I have never heard a complaint of "Can't wait until I get old and all this joint pain disappears!"

"**** it's 80 out and the roads are slippery with yellow sunlight!"

"Where's the sun shovel?"

"Think I'll wander out to the garden and select fruits for breakfast. Where's the ice-pick?"

"Oooooooo I much prefer lugging a 40 pound dirty clothes hamper to the washing machine"

"Dang! Another twenty bucks to the tanning parlor!"

"Don't you guys carry anything more than tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, carrots, and cabbage?"

"Another eight dollars? Boy am I going to lay into the swim club, after I chain up!"

Grocer..........."hahahahahahahahahahaha............fresh fish...........hahahahahahahahaha!"

The little "village" where I live. Children play without adult supervision. My granddaughters wander about unsupervised. This isn't a valid climate point.

If I wanted to hole-up somewhere indoors, for months on end, I'd rob a bank... bars.....schmars.......

Laying in a hammock, palm trees swaying in the trade winds. Sipping a mango, papaya, banana, milkshake....

Ever since NOOK and KINDLE e-readers appeared, there is no lack of reading material which to me was "The Great Negative" of Mexico. The internet allows me to conduct online banking (No, I do not trust the Mexican economy) and accessing the ATMs eliminated another PITA, rushing to then waiting inside a bank to get pesos.

Here I am 80 miles from the border in my medical hideaway.

Rent 134.46 dollars per month
Snow? Are you kidding? Winter lows may sag into the forties at dawn.

Snow and office politiks are for young people.

No more "It's summer! Let's load up the car and go somewhere"

Here where my butt is plunked is "Somewhere".

And god forbid no more "authentic" 12 dollar plates of bland AmeriMex food swimming in a pound of melted Monterey Jack.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
The most perfect climate we've enjoyed was the Coasta Alegra, south of Puerto Vallarta down to Manzanillo. But that was just in the "winter" months. By March northerners had to escape the heat and humidity and that wasn't far away, just up Hwy 80 towards Guadalajara. 4,000 to 5,000 feet of elevation took care of that - and still no snow. Seven winters doing that then another five staying in the Arizona and Southern California regions was nice too. For the past three years we've been shoveling once in a while. We always have the option here of not driving in it - just stay home and it almost always disappears in a day or two, in South Western, coastal, Canada.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Some climates are better than others but none are perfect and most have some really nice periods. Many warm places are just too hot and humid. The places that have "perfect" weather are probably too expensive. I guess I don't have a point but climate, like money isn't enough for happiness. In small town Illinois the climate is nasty for short periods but little traffic, low housing cost and we can walk about everywhere.
Jayco-noslide

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna be nice here in the Mojave. 70โ€™s all week :B
RVing since 1995.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
I grew up in Pennsylvania, lived there until Uncle Sam grabbed me. Uncle Sam was soo nice he sent me to there beautiful places, Colorado, Germany, Nebraska, and Korea. Finally he heard me complaining about all the cold places he sent me to and decided to give me a break and sent me to Texas where I've remained for the last 30 years. No more snow tires or shoveling snow for me.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I lived in Jerusalem, Israel for a year during my college days (1975) and I was super surprised when it snowed there. It only lasted a few days, but it snowed anyway. It's kind of hard imagining Jesus walking in the snow!

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Oh darn, we've been so cold this week. It is 22:30 and it's already down to 60 degrees outside.?? Of course we are stuck here in Santa Barbara County just 50 feet from the higher, high tide line, so what can you expect.

Tomorrow it's back to the old grind, drive home and get ready for a visit by our kids and grandkids later next week, big dinner on thursday and suffer the mid seventies during the days and mid sixties at night.

Maybe we'll drive up to Mammoth Lakes just to see the snow for a couple of days before Christmas and then start the long drive over to Quartzite for January.

What is this thing you call a rotary snow blower.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
It's been in the 50's all week
Did my fall clean up today, lawn mowed, leaves raked,, now hole up for the rain = (self shoveling snow)
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Talleyho69
That's why we live here!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry it's so cold for you. Come visit us on the coast!

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I lived in Sweden at my uncles farm several winters while going to school, we cleared the snow with the tracktor, not a with shovel be there all day and the tracktor was always parked in it's shed and always with the bucket facing the doors that opened in not out that way we could start clearing over night snow, before we could fire the darnd thing we had to use a special heater under the motor to heat the oil and the radiator water mixed with kerosene that was drained every night and poured back in come morning the Diesel fuel was also drained and stored in a special heated container, one winter we did not use the front door or the kitchen door to go out of the house we used the balcony door on the second floor because of the snow drifts, we start using skis some time in September, ice forms earlly and when you see the thermometer at -40 celcius (-40 fareheight) at 09:30 when it becomes light and then we get a veritable heat wave arround 13:00 of maybe -30 celcius.

Do I hate cold, yes never again I tolerate winter in Mexico since I do not have to work outside ever again, I am now gainfully unemployed (retiered) and now we are having a very cold fall and lets see what winter brings, current temp in the garden is a balmy +10 celcius all the mountains arround have a dusting of snoww.

So bundle up with a good sarape (blanket) and a good cup of chocolate abuelita.

Que pasen buenas noches rostizando Castaรฑas

navegator

Talleyho69
I've been in slow for two afternoons. Never again-that's why we live in Zihuatanejo!!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You forgot power outages from broken ice covered wires and the mad rush to the grocery store for milk and bread.