cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World Summerfield, FL

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
My Buddy(He's been a Full Timer for 6 years) and I made a trip to our local Camping world to look for some RV Parts today. Well, to our surprise it looks like more of a Gander Mountain store with all of the Fishing Poles and other "outdoor" equipment.

I had to go to the Front Desk and ask where to find the RV parts that I was looking for, I was told "in back by the service counter" by the person that finally answered her call over the radio.

When checking out with 1 of the 3 or 4 items that I was looking for, I commented to the cashier about my dissatisfaction with the changes. She called the Manager over and I told him that I was disappointed with the changes and that I had only found 1 or the 3 or 4 items that I had come in to purchase. His reply was to ask several times for me to tell him WHAT I was looking for as NOTHING has changed and everything is still there. Both my friend and I were both taken back by the attitude and were very surprised and both felt that he was questioning us as if we were lying.

After this manager walked away, two different Camping World workers told us that he was from Gander Mountain did not like anyone that did not like the changes. They went on to say that they have been told to PUSH the Gander items and that they have been hearing a lot of the same complains that we had since the changes had gone into effect.

My days of going to CW and walking around looking at the merchandise and usually purchasing more than several things that I had not realized that I needed until I saw them are over as most of those little things are gone. Now, if you want to shop for your Pet (which I have done there) or out fit yourself for a fishing trip then CW is the place for you. If you are traveling and want to stop in looking for some "RV" things maybe you'll find it maybe not.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona
22 REPLIES 22

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello TugCE,

Thank you for the update, please let us know if we can be of further assistance with your concerns.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Well, late last week, I received a call for a Gentleman asking me more questions about my experiences. He asked me if I remembered the "Manager" but I could not, he then to try to identify him which I did with his help.

I also asked his about how the parking lot at this location is getting really cramped with all of the new campers in the lost and how it would be difficult to stop in there while traveling. He said that he was at this store at the time of our conversation and would talk to the person that he believed spoke to me.

Well not that I expected much but I never heard back from him nor the Manager.

I get the feeling that at this store, if you say anything against Gander Mountain (or if it might be taken that way) you are wrong.

I hope this merger of these two stores works.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello TugCE,

Thank you for the update, we are pleased to hear Brenda assisted with your concerns.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Update-

I just receive a call from Brenda at CW Corporate about my issues at the Summerfield store. We spoke for a little while and she said that she will do some research on the store Management and get back to me.

All in all I have to say I was very pleased to get the call plus Brenda seemed to be very interested in my concerns. She was also very pleasant to talk with and I look forward to speaking with her again.

I did tell her that I would be posting this here as too many times we never hear of the outcome.

When I hear more, I'll post it on this thread.

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Posting to make sure that this thread stays active so I can post any and all results from contact with GS/CW/GM.

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ella,

I will post when and if they call and what is said / done.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello TugCE,

We received you private message and have requested the leadership team reach out to you to discuss your concerns.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello TugCE,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience at Camping World. I apologize for the lack of RV merchandise available and the manner in which the manager spoke to you and your friend. Please provide the location you are referring to and your contact number in a private message. I will share your concerns with the leadership team.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

PM sent the next day. Hopefully, I will hear from someone after the Holiday weekend.

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
May I ask the OP what items you were specifically looking for that the Camping World did not have?

And if the manager said nothing changed, then why didn't you ask him to find those items for you?

EXACTLY! Instead of just complaining, why didn't you ask where the wanted items were located?

Not that I have to explain anything to you but here goes. We did ask where some of the items where and they were either no where to be found or not to brand / type that we usually purchased there. When the "Manager" came into it he spoke to the two of us like we didn't know what we were talking about and when he basically demanded to to know what EXACTLY I wanted, I was done with him!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:

EXACTLY! Instead of just complaining, why didn't you ask where the wanted items were located?
Because the manager he asked was being an A-Hole.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

tenspeedret360
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
May I ask the OP what items you were specifically looking for that the Camping World did not have?

And if the manager said nothing changed, then why didn't you ask him to find those items for you?

Okay, let me take a shot at this...2 months ago, I needed a shurflo water pump for my 2006 RV. went to CW, and since my RV is not 'new' was discontinued, and woman in CW didn't know how to get me a replacement model #. I went home, looked it up myself, got it easily, and called CW with the number. Of course, they didn't stock it, but could order it and I could pick it up in a week. Went on amazon, ordered it, and installed it two days later. The point being, Ive gone to CW many times, not needing anything, but walking out with a bag full of stuff, that I don't need, have no 'use' for, but bought it anyway, figuring i'll find someplace for it. When I went to Raoanoke, even if I knew what I wanted, 9 times out of 10, if I couldn't find it, I'm leaving without it. Im not gonna get involved looking for a salesman, who couldn't care less, to look for something I don't need. i'll do without, and CW (im sorry, gander outdoors) lost a sale.
Kevin
FMCA #F383349
2006 Monaco LaPalma
2015 Hyundai Elantra

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:

Getting what you are looking for is never as much fun as COMPLAINING on the Forum. Besides, you have to pay if you find things and COMPLAINING costs nothing. :S

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote: