cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Tire Mintor Sensor Recommendations for new Ford

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Ford 350 dually. The display/computer seems to be capable of reading the trailer tire pressure. I am guesting all I need is some type of valve stem senors for the trailer wheels to feed a signal back to the truck's display monitor. Any recommendations and how do they work for you?
Chuck
5 REPLIES 5

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
AFAIK tpms systems are not required on 1 ton and above vehicles so GM and looks like ford at least aren't installing them as a std feature. OEM sensors or a correct type aftermarket replacement snesor would likely be needed to pair correctly to the reciever if it is in the truck. If you want them I'd go to a ford dealership and find out if it is possible to make it work with your truck

The tire sensors were standard on my F-350 dually.

The op is talking about the option where you can install them on your trailer and they show up on your dash along with your truck tire sensors. As stated above, buy from dealer and install in tire.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
It just totally ticked me off that my 2008 2500 GMC D/A truck had built in pressure sensors which I could read on my DTIC BUT that my 2017 GMC 3500 D/A Denali didn't come with them and was told GMC didn't add them to their duallies...for the $$ we pay, how ridiculous.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

kmac7800
Explorer
Explorer
GM has the TPMS off in the ECM for 1 ton trucks, and cannot be turned on once it leaves the factory. I wish they would let us buyers decide if we want an option even if it costs some $. Just weird they are turning of a possible $ stream, albeit probably a small one, however pure profit as it is already there.

//KMac

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
AFAIK tpms systems are not required on 1 ton and above vehicles so GM and looks like ford at least aren't installing them as a std feature. OEM sensors or a correct type aftermarket replacement snesor would likely be needed to pair correctly to the reciever if it is in the truck. If you want them I'd go to a ford dealership and find out if it is possible to make it work with your truck
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck .. wrote:
I have a 2017 Ford 350 dually. The display/computer seems to be capable of reading the trailer tire pressure. I am guesting all I need is some type of valve stem senors for the trailer wheels to feed a signal back to the truck's display monitor. Any recommendations and how do they work for you?

The Ford senors have to be installed inside the tires. For me not worth the trouble or the expense.
I use a TST 507 I got from TechnoRV on all the tires.
I love this thing and has saved me once so far.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV