cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H owners

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
If you are an owner of a Discovery LXE 44H, please be so kind to share an opinion of your rig. Such as quality of build, ride/drive comfort, fit & finish evaluations.
I'm interested in possibly purchasing one, would you buy another one?
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox
6 REPLIES 6

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the replies.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Well my apology. The brochure says it has front floor heat. Not sure how that works as I have no setting in my firefly for it. But it does get warm when it's in heat mode.

mrubaum
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is a 2019 and I have heated floors. Temp control as well as programable.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing. It actually has a full size solar panel on the roof and charging system to the batteries. If in a climate where you get decent light year round, it'll keep your batteries topped off while in storage. Not so much for Boondocking. You'll probably need to add another panel or two.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Bought ours in July 2018, tagged as 2019. The fit and finish are acceptable looking at the big picture. A couple latches on drawers needed tightening. Our Girard awning doesn't close all the way, it stays open about 1" , needs adjusting. Drip by clamp at the grey dump valve area. Our firefly system has some quirks needing to be addressed, but nothing that has stopped a camping trip. Our leveling jacks drop down on there own after sitting for a while when stored, needs to be looked at. Ride height needed adjusting. Had a squeaky idler pulley, replaced it. Fuel tank vent wasn't installed correctly and dripped fuel after tank was topped off, fixed.

The aqua hot is a great feature. The last poster mentioned heated floors. I don't think it actually has heated floors ( didn't think it's a option). The living room floor does get warm from the aqua hot being under it, and maybe some residule heat from heater lines running to the back of the rig. But at least mine doesn't have a "full heated floor" with tempurature control. The heat comes from a radiator with a fan at both sides at front of coach, both sides mid coach ( kitchen), bedroom and bath. It works great.

The ride is very nice, but I guess it depends what you're use to. We had a DP Fleetwood expedition prior. This rig is night and day above that in ride quality. The LXE 44H shares the same chassis as the American coach with the independant front suspension. The V ride almost virtually stops leaning and sway that we had with the last rig. Because of the tag it doesn't get pushed around when on the freeway. Goes where you point it and stays there. Power isn't an issue and power to pass if needed, even with a toad. But I do wish it were a side radiator, easier to clean. The macerator toilets were a different surprise. It took me two hours to figure out why they stopped working, the black tank was full!! LOL I was about ready to rip them out and replace with regular toilets. it's just a fail safe so you don't end up with a big mess.

Overall with our limited experience we very happy with it. The layout is really nice. The floors and cabinets are nice. Furniture is comfortable. We have the wrap around dinette. The only thing we noticed was not much space in the kitchen cabinets compared to our last rig. But the back walk in closet makes up for it. Lots of space to put larger items back there.

mrubaum
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I just got your message. I have owned mine for about a month now. I love this coach. There are things I would like to have if I had another 100K to spend. The paint job is beautiful but you can feel the different layers of paint. I think when you move up they spend more time sanding between layers. No big deal. The V RIDE feature on the chassis is amazing. I do not know how it works but it keeps you straight up and down in turns. You do not have that feeling that the coach is going to flip over if you go into a turn to fast. There is more than enough power with the 450hp cummins. Good engine brake. The fit and finish is excellent. My initial fixes were, the windshield wipers were not working correctly, a few hoses need to be tightened above the generator, my microwave needed to be replaced, a few adjustments to some of the latches, a few other little things. Not bad, my last coach had a long list of fixes. Leveling system is really good. The interior of the coach is a show stopper. The woods are super thick. Everything is quality. People talk about a side radiator but I don't get it. I drove it 2000 miles to get it home and the temperature gauge did not move. That is all I care about. Love the firefly system. You can control everything from your cell phone or tablet. Love the heated floors. Finally getting used to the Aqua Hot. The bed is super comfortable. I finally have a coach that I could park in the sun on a 100 degree day and have no problem cooling it. I could go on all day so just let me know if want more details.