cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Cascade Height

kwilkins
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering a Host Cascade on a F350 dually and need to know what the total height will be. I have a 12'4" garage and want to be able to park the Cascade on the truck in the garage.

Are there any Cascade owners who have measured their height? Or, can anyone else point me to this information.

Thanks,
Ken
19 REPLIES 19

bwlyon
Explorer
Explorer
kwilkins wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Sounds to me like the modded used boat trailer is a viable option. I do like mine. Makes moving the camper painless. Those aftermarket dollies have small wheels so has to be concrete. My approach is gravel so the tires on the boat trailer work excellent.

Can anyone share a bit more on how a modded boat trailer or aftermarket dolly would work? How does the TC get on/off the truck to the dolly? Is the process of doing this a real pain, or fairly easy? My driveway slopes slightly, does that create issues with using a trailer or dolly?

I'd love to be able to get a Host or Eagle Cap into my garage.

The process is really not complicated using a low deck (21-26”) trailer to put your camper on to get it into the garage. When you want to move camper into garage you simply unload camper off the truck then back trailer under camper and lower camper onto trailer and back or pull camper into garage. H&H trailer makes a nice 10 foot little “fuel hauler” trailer that would work perfect for such a task. You could even leave it on the trailer while stored.

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what is under the white box.
Zulu

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Don't believe 12'4" is high enough. I take my TC and put it on a modified boat trailer and put it in the garage. Would never clear the header on the truck. I like the boat trailer method anyway because I tow my quads on the trailer behind the camper and used boat traliers can be had for almost nothing. Took a bit of modification but then end result was a multi purpose trailer.

I bet the Host on your dually will be pushing 13' over the ac unit.

SidecarFlip is right. Used boat trailers can be had for almost nothing.
Here is mine I bought off Craig's List for $250.
had good tires too!
It works well for me but I don't know if it would fit in a 12' 4" garage with a camper on it.
Zulu

kwilkins
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Sounds to me like the modded used boat trailer is a viable option. I do like mine. Makes moving the camper painless. Those aftermarket dollies have small wheels so has to be concrete. My approach is gravel so the tires on the boat trailer work excellent.

Can anyone share a bit more on how a modded boat trailer or aftermarket dolly would work? How does the TC get on/off the truck to the dolly? Is the process of doing this a real pain, or fairly easy? My driveway slopes slightly, does that create issues with using a trailer or dolly?

I'd love to be able to get a Host or Eagle Cap into my garage.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
kwilkins, mine is right at 12' +/-, but I'm never on really level ground when I put a tape on it. My guess is you might make it, but no guarantees.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
The cascade says the exterior with air is only 9.3 add around 3 ft for height of bed that’s 12 ft 3 . That’s for my Chevy dually.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
My AF990 is right at 11’9”.

My old school 811 is about 11'6" after I installed a low profile A/C heat pump.

With the tall A/C it was about 11'10"

I do have a Coleman Mach 8 9,200 btu A/C on it.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
GeoBoy wrote:

My old school 811 is about 11'6" after I installed a low profile A/C heat pump.

With the tall A/C it was about 11'10"
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer

Bedlam
I know an Arctic Fox is about 9' tall. It has the floor starting above the wheel wells rather than above the bed rails. I suspect the Lance will be about this tall too.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

kwilkins
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
No basement camper will.
Our Lance on RWD dually clears 12' bridges.

Do you think a Lance 1172 on a 4x4 F350 diesel dually will come in at under 12'4"?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
No basement camper will.
Our Lance on RWD dually clears 12' bridges.

kwilkins
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Looks like the Cascade won't work for our garage.