cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drain Master electric waste valves

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, my ten year old trailer came equipped with electric drain valves and switch gear. They were nice when they worked which was about half the time. I became expert at crawling underneath and activating them with a hex key. Both stopped working recently so I took jumper wires and bypassed the switches, worked fine. I replaced the OEM switches with momentary 20 amp DPDT switches from Amazon and the valves now operate fast every time. Also installed new indicator lights. I don't think the OEM micro switches were up to the job long term.
7 REPLIES 7

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Switch above
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Housted wrote:
Durb,
Which switches did you use....
Amazon has several!!!

Thanks,
Housted

This is the description from "My Orders" page:

Gardner Bender GSW-123 Electrical Toggle Switch, DPDT, Mom ON-OFF-Mom-ON, 20 A/125V AC, Screw Terminal

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
Durb,
Which switches did you use....
Amazon has several!!!

Thanks,
Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Housted wrote:
Several of us have added a 3 D battery assist to up the voltage to the Drainmaster valves.
Really helps the valves if they have not been used for a while. very simple to do.

Housted

I saw a thread on the 4.5v D-cell power boost on this forum and considered it, even researched battery holders on Amazon. I decided to go with the switches as Amazon had them for $2.70 each as some kind of add on item. The LED "open" indicators were a little spendy. The project was around 40 bucks including wire terminals and a mounting box, less than half the price of new factory switches.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I added Drain Master valves to my rv a couple years ago and have found them to be working perfectly and with plenty of power. This version has the metal gears. Are the earlier versions more problem prone? I try to keep the valve blade area cleaned and lubed as often as I can.

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several of us have added a 3 D battery assist to up the voltage to the Drainmaster valves.
Really helps the valves if they have not been used for a while. very simple to do.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad you found a good solution. Not having dump valves that worked would be a headache causing issue.