cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pismo>Vegas>Bryce>Salt Lake>Yellowstone>Glacier & back.

SkullAndSquirre
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using RV Trip Wizard, and trying to keep the legs fairly aggressive to get us to Yellowstone and Glacier. This is our first multi leg trip, so it will be quite the new experience. One thing we learned is that if you don't want to roll the dice on first come first serve in the Parks, you are going to be staying in the RV resorts. I booked the resorts that seemed pretty highly rated.

Start End of May -Santa Barbara
Nights:

Stop #2 -
Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort
Nights:

Stop #3 -

Ruby's Inn RV Park and Campground
Main Hwy 63, Bryce Canyon, UT, 84764
Nights:

Stop #4 -
Salt Lake City KOA
Nights:

Stop #5 -
Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park
West Yellowstone, MT
Nights:

Stop #6 -
West Glacier KOA
Nights:

Stop #7 -
Country Corners RV Park and Campground
Caldwell, ID,
Nights:

Stop #8 - Sat, 6/8/19
Sparks Marina RV Park
Sparks, NV, 89434
Nights:

We are locked into a 16 day window, and we want to get to Glacier, the rest is flexible. We were not sure if we should return by back tracking through Vegas on 15 or going 80 through Reno.
3 REPLIES 3

Willow13
Explorer
Explorer
Ruby's has two sections. The section in the back is newer. It has wide spaces, individual grassy areas surrounded by curbing, a newer bath house, and is bounded by an undeveloped area in its' rear boundary (wildlife in the morning/evening). Roomy for big rigs, but we stayed in our 28 ft and enjoyed the less populated and quieter environment.

SkullAndSquirre
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Olddog49!

olddog49
Explorer
Explorer
I can only speak for the following. Oasis, nice place right off I15. Rubys was an ok, thought sites were close. Sparks very nice also, not far from Interstate. If you plan on driving N on I15 through Vegas. You may want to reconsider. Major road construction, take the 215 bypasses. It is a few miles longer with minor construction. I 15 is a complete mess with the Neon project. Good luck and enjoy the sights.