cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

House fuses,chassis fuses. Itasca Cambria 09

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see the chassis fuse box but most of the fuses are 30 plus. Where did they hide the smaller panel. I looked under the dash on drivers side.

House fuses. Is that ALL there is ,the ones on the converter as i enter the coach.A few wall plugs and appliances?

On this trip I lost power to my hydraulic jacks. It is an add on that sits next to the driver seat.There is a fuse on the control box but it checks ok.

I left the race track yesterday and my step never retracted, didn't notice until I parked curbside.
12 REPLIES 12

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
CharlesinGA wrote:
Steps operate off of the chassis/engine battery and is protected by push to reset circuit breakers. Chassis electrical box is found behind a labeled panel in the back of the front RH storage compartment (basement storage) Panel has two T knobs to release it and expose the breakers. Slide breakers are in there also and it too is off the chassis battery, NOT the house batteries.

Charles

found them and also behind the cover is some more fuses that one would not normally know existed. All checked out ok.

this was the culprit, broken wire on the magnetic switch.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Steps operate off of the chassis/engine battery and is protected by push to reset circuit breakers. Chassis electrical box is found behind a labeled panel in the back of the front RH storage compartment (basement storage) Panel has two T knobs to release it and expose the breakers. Slide breakers are in there also and it too is off the chassis battery, NOT the house batteries.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I made a step down alarm with a limit switch and tone buzzer. Iโ€™m sure I posted the details here but canโ€™t find it now. It is active when the engine is running. Working well after 4 or 5 years.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the link.
Winnebago Products Resources

Check out the "Resource" tab and you'll find a treasure trove of valuable information. I downloaded everything for my RV on a thumb drive.

The "Parts Catalog" (detailed listing of all the parts used in your motorhome along with drawings of everything) is a must to have a copy with you.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
ItsyRV wrote:
As an FYI, Winnebago provides all the technical documents from brochures to owner's manuals, from electrical diagrams to exploded drawings, from parts list to a complete catalog for your specific RV on their website. Have you looked at their Resources website for detail information? It will show you exactly where every wire, connector, fuse and splice is located.

I did not know that information was available. I do have the packet that came with the coach .it has general information concerning each appliance.Finding fuses in the wire loom under the coach can be a project in itself.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
As an FYI, Winnebago provides all the technical documents from brochures to owner's manuals, from electrical diagrams to exploded drawings, from parts list to a complete catalog for your specific RV on their website. Have you looked at their Resources website for detail information? It will show you exactly where every wire, connector, fuse and splice is located.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes it can.
Using the troubleshooting guide from Kwikee I determined the step and motor in working order. I now need to trace down some fuses and check a few switches. I retracted the step and it can stay in that position for now. As mentioned I am heading out in the morning and a portable step can do for now. Thanks for the assist.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Many steps have two fuses. One control from ignition switch and one power to step motor.
Has two gounds. Verify good connection on grounds under step.
Stay clear of step! It could run while working on it!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup
5 amp in line fuse holder intermittent power. Replaced and operating properly
Now onto the step operation.
Leaving again in the morning
Worse case Iโ€™ll disable mechanism and fasten it in the closed position .

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have a battery control center? On Class A rigs is under hood. Class C sometimes is in compartment near entrance door.
If you have a battery disconnect switch cycle it to off then back on. Battery control center could be near the battery disconnect relays. Use loud click to locate.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes
Those fuses control appliances and interior lighting .

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Jacks could be fed right off the batteries. Look for a fuse adjacent to the batteries.
Did you remove small cover adjacent to the 120 volt circuit breakers? Held on by thumb screw.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow