cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on....had a great run

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Last nite, our 17 year old motorhome sold. So many memories, kinda sad but relieved. Almost feels like we lost an old friend.

Wife and I started "camping" in the early-mid 70s with a Honda 750 motorcycle, air mattress, sleeping bags and pup tent. Babies started coming, bought a used popup, found the 5 of us could camp for 5 days for less than one nite in a hotel. Made sense. Then we found we really liked it.

Bought a used 1986(?) 22 foot SCOTTY, (only made them for, I think, 2 years,) had that for 4 years, then a new 1990 DUTCHMAN TT.

Retired in '99, , in 2001 sold the house and bought a new DOLPHIN motorhome...traveled the Country for 2 years,then bought a small house and then snowbird time for 4 years in New Mexico and Arizona.

Best part was we met folks and had experiences one simply cannot get at 400 mph at 35,000 feet.

On this forum for quite a few years. Found it interesting. Good info, bad info but always entertaining.

Keep it safe and enjoy !

jimmy
7 REPLIES 7

Cpartjr
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim, good luck on your future endeavors.

We, like you, started the "camping" experience in the early 70's, and are much closer to the end than the start.

Again, Good luck
Cliff and Barbara
2003 Beaver Santiam 38 PBDD
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2007 Explorer Sport Trac (Toad)
w/BrakeBuddy

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the rest of your journey.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"had experiences one simply cannot get at 400 mph at 35,000 feet."

I will fly but would rather drive like you, Jimmy. See you down the road.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Best of luck. Come back from time to time and help enlighten some of us with our issues. We appreciate your input on the forum. Enjoy life!.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for participating on the forum and may you continue to enjoy every day!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of the two happiest days of `boating' `rving' `sailing' or whatever; one when the item is purchased and the other is when it is sold.
We don't like to say the camping/biking season is over but prefer `until next time'.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck Jimmy. I'm both looking forward to and regretting getting to the day when we do the same.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox