cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term parking

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Winter is just around the corner, time to put the MH away for a few months. Was wondering what is the best material to have under the tires while it just sits. I have used cement, wood, gravel and who knows what and I'm not sure what is the best for the rubber. What does the majority place under their tires?

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
6 REPLIES 6

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies, parking on gravel with good drainage sounds like it would be the best. I have lots of road gravel so that will be the route I will use this winter. Have good Holidays.

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Read somewhere it's better to park on wood vs. concrete and that's we do. So far so good, but it is a PIA to get the tires just right on the 2x6's. And we cover the tires against the UVA .

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
gbopp wrote:
Gravel works for me, I've been using it for years. It gives good drainage but, I don't know if that really matters.
I've had no problems with the tires.

X2
2010 Suncruiser

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Anything that's not organic material that would basically break down the rubber - i.e. don't park on dirt, untreated wood, etc. Best option would seem to be raising it up off the tires.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a problem parked on concrete.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Gravel works for me, I've been using it for years. It gives good drainage but, I don't know if that really matters.
I've had no problems with the tires.