cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Help with DirectTV Receiver!!

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I am staying in Three Flags RV Park in Wildwood, FL. I just bought a 2013 Mobile Suites. I has more electronic things than this old guy can figure out. I need help to figure it all out. Can anyone recommend someone in this area that does this kind of work?
7 REPLIES 7

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for updating the topic!
What kind of antenna does your RV have? What model DirecTV reciver are you trying to use (model #). I assume you know that if you are using a dome you cannot receive ANY DirecTV programming in HD.
Are you able to connect the receiver so you can see the DirecTV logo on a TV? Any additional details would be helpful. Was the dome (assumption) factory installed or after-market?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
A little more detail on what you are trying to accomplish would help.

Are you trying to install a Directv sat box? If so,which one (SWM makes a difference), connecting it to a dome? There should be a HDMI cable coming from the tv.

It might be as simple as connecting the dome coax to the sat box, selecting antenna type.

As far as paid help, your best bet would be a mobile RV guy.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
My problem is the previous owner removed his Directv receiver and not sure what wires go where. Will keep trying, but some help would sure be nice, as I have no experience with all this automatic stuff.

Post a picture of whats behind your TV if you can.
It really depends on wiring and dish type what receiver you will want.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
I am staying in Three Flags RV Park in Wildwood, FL. I just bought a 2013 Mobile Suites. I has more electronic things than this old guy can figure out. I need help to figure it all out. Can anyone recommend someone in this area that does this kind of work?

Have you thought about asking the park management who they would recommend to provide you with this kind of service ??
If the manufacturer is still in business they might be able to recommend someone too.

IF.....you bought it locally, the person or dealer who sold it to you should give you some "training" as part of the deal.

There are a boat load of RV dealers along US 441 about 20 miles north of Wildwood toward Ocala. Seems like I remember that there might be one or two much closer too.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most manuals have a section on installation. T

he engineers don't intentionally make it complicated. Just focus on what you want to get done (like 'antenna to receiver to TV') and trace one thing at a time. Often they have sample wiring drawings. Each connector should be labeled and the other end of the wire goes to a similarly labeled thing.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
My problem is the previous owner removed his Directv receiver and not sure what wires go where. Will keep trying, but some help would sure be nice, as I have no experience with all this automatic stuff.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I feel the pain. We got a brand-spankin' new Montana High Country with all the bells and whistles. I'm an old dog myself now. Even though I still work in Information Technology, trying to figure out something ... like the sound system on the radio and turning on the television was mind-challenging to say the least.

All I can suggest is, take one item at a time and plug away until you figure it out. There are manuals on-line on the Internet for just about everything, if you search them out.

After 7 weeks, I'm still trying to figure out the remote to the television. I found the on-line manual for my television and I have to keep my computer up so I can read it by blowing up the screen, the print is so small.

And um ... I finally DID figure out how to turn it off and on! I feel like I accomplished a miracle!